Mission & Purpose
Our Mission & Philosophy
The mission of NAES is to serve those who serve Episcopal schools. Within the Christian tradition of inclusion and open inquiry, NAES:
- Affirms the spiritual dimension of learning that values both faith and reason.
- Creates and nurtures an extended community of leaders in order to foster partnerships, unity, mutual support and professional growth.
- Promotes personal formation through moral, spiritual, intellectual, creative, physical and social development.
- Assists Episcopal schools in creating supportive communities through worship, learning, pastoral care and service.
- Recognizes, appreciates and supports the diversity within and among Episcopal schools.
- Helps schools explore, discover and articulate their visions and ministries as Episcopal schools.
What We Do
Consonant with our mission and philosophy, we advance Episcopal education, strengthen Episcopal schools, and foster “excellence through association” by providing essential services, resources, conferences, and networking opportunities on
- Episcopal School Identity as expressed through school worship; religious studies and formation; service and service-learning; equity and justice; and school life and culture.
- Leadership and Governance matters pertaining to church-school relations and governance; leadership transition; school ministry recruitment, training, and deployment; and school establishment, expansion, and planning.
- Spiritual and Professional Development of heads of school, chaplains and teachers of religion, rectors, trustees and vestries, administrators, and teachers.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about NAES and Episcopal schools.