Schedule of meeting sessions and special events
Leaders for the Future Conference 2016
Wednesday, April 6 - Friday, April 8, 2016
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
623 Union Street [map]
Nashville, TN 37219
Are you thinking about a career as an Episcopal school head? If the answer is "Yes," then you should plan to attend this conference. Whether you are currently working in an Episcopal school, another independent school setting, or the public schools, this is the gathering that will help you:
- learn about the full range of responsibilities of modern-day Episcopal school headship;
- understand the specific implications of Episcopal school identity in an Episcopal parish, cathedral, diocesan, independent, or other school;
- familiarize yourself with the steps and processes involved in head searches;
- explore concepts of headship in difficult and morally challenging times, and
- reflect on your call to headship.
Through meals, shared worship, and social time, you will also develop a circle of colleagues and friends on which you can rely, both personally and professionally. You will leave Nashville refreshed and encouraged for the journey of personal and professional discernment that awaits you.
We look forward to seeing you at what we are certain will be a thought-provoking and fun experience!
Follow Us on Social Media:
Be sure to follow us before and during the conference on social media using #leaders16
Registration includes all conference materials, Wednesday dinner, Thursday breakfast, lunch, and reception, and Friday breakfast.
Who Should Attend:
The conference is designed for individuals who are considering or have decided to pursue a career as the head of an Episcopal school, but are not currently. It is open to folks working in an Episcopal school or not.
Tips for Making the Case for Attending:
Many travel budgets and training budgets have been cut, and some schools are experiencing severe financial problems. This means that regardless of the merits of a conference, you may need to justify the expense when in previous years you may not have had to do so. So here are some things you might want to consider:
- communicate to your head of school what topics will be discussed and how they will advance your professional and personal goals.
- offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A session with your colleagues to share what you learned. This way others in your school will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- share the syllabus and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
- be ready with a plan that outlines the full costs of attending and shows who will cover for you while you are at the conference.
These fees are available through
Cancellation and Other Policies:
Written cancellations received by fax, (212) 286-9366, or by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
, no later than 5:00 p.m. (EDT), Monday, March 28, 2016, are entitled to a full refund less a $100 processing fee. Requests received after 5:00 p.m. (EDT), Monday, March 28, 2016, or by any means other than fax or e-mail will not be entitled to a refund of any kind.
All registrations are subject to acceptance. Registrations and reservations received without payment will be returned. Registrations are NOT transferable and cannot be split among conference attendees.
Any and all liability of NAES with respect to registration, reservations, cancellations, changes in the location or content of the program, and refunds is limited to a sum no greater than the registration fee paid. Under no circumstances shall NAES be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, the cost of transportation or lodging. Submission of registration and payment constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
General Hotel Information:
Please remember that registration does not include hotel reservations. If you have not already done so, you must make your own reservation at the Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel by calling (800) 447-9825 and asking for the National Association of Episcopal Schools room block over the dates of April 6-8, 2016. The rate is $194 per night, single or double occupancy, plus a $10 per night facility fee and applicable taxes. The deadline for reservations is March 6, 2016.
For more information please contact:
Mr. David J. Schnabel CAE