Palm Beach Gardens, FL United States
St. Mark’s Episcopal School is conducting a search for a dynamic educator to serve as a first grade teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. This position demands a teacher with the developmental and pedagogical background to embrace young children. We are looking for applicants that keep students at the center and have proven success implementing best practices to help all students reach their potential. Ideal candidates partner with parents, collaborate with team members, and demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.
St. Mark’s, established in 1979, is a coeducational parish day school, serving students from age two through Grade 8 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The foundation of St. Mark’s program is to provide students with balanced exposure to academics, arts, athletics, and spiritual life.
Guided by the theory and practice of Conscious Discipline, our teachers focus on the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of each child to create a nurturing and stimulating learning environment. The lower school academic program fosters independent and collaborative learning in a flexible, self-contained homeroom.
Qualified candidates should have the following competencies:
- an understanding of foundational skills in math and literacy.
- an ability to establish and maintain strong home-to-school partnerships.
- professional and polished interpersonal skills to build strong relationships.
- excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- proficiency in educational technology.
- providing developmentally appropriate instruction and assessment in math, literacy, and social studies
- facilitating the “The Daily 5” math and guided reading program.
- differentiating instruction to meet the individual needs of all students.
- integrating authentic, age appropriate technology into curriculum.
- communicating sensitively, regularly, and honestly with parents.
- teaching an intentional social and emotional learning curriculum.
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
- a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
- Florida teaching certificate, temporary certificate or willingness to obtain certification.
- previous teaching experience.
- familiarity with independent school culture and comfort with a faith-based school.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Page Cash, Head of Lower School, at email@example.com. For more information on St. Mark’s Episcopal School, visit our website at stmarkspbg.org.