Houston, TX United States
St. Mark’s Episcopal School in Houston, Texas is seeking a creative, organized, team player to serve as the Computer Science Teacher. The 2nd through 6th Grade Computer Science Teacher is an important member of two Divisions: Lower School and Middle School. This position reports to the Head of Middle School and the Head of Lower School. The goal of the program is to aid in developing our students’ intellectual curiosities and help them to think deeply about the world through various lenses of computer applications.
We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking, and student-centered professional educator who is motivated by problem-solving and leading students at this stage of their development and understands the role that technology plays in supporting the educational experience of the 21st-century learners.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate lessons
- Assess student learning
- Provide feedback and instruction to students
- Serve as a Middle School student advisor
- Engage in curricular review and mapping
- Nurture a partnering relationship with students and their families
- Assist with general technology troubleshooting and support
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Patience and a collaborative and joyful spirit
- Working knowledge of technology resources in education
- Classroom experience and a Bachelor’s degree in education, computer science, or a related field
In addition to the above qualities, the following items are preferred:
- Experience and comfort with iPad use in a classroom setting
- Curriculum planning
- Ability and willingness to lead or assist with athletics and/or after school clubs
- Advanced degree in education, computer science, or a related field
About St. Mark’s Episcopal School
The community of St. Mark’s Episcopal School celebrates the uniqueness of each child. We are stewards of our students’ intellectual curiosity, faith, and passion for discovery. We cultivate joy, playfulness, and growth in a child-centered environment. Located in the West University Place neighborhood of Houston, St. Mark’s serves 450 students from two-year-olds through 8th grade. St. Mark’s is an engaging community of learners where the school partners with its families in preparing each student for the path that lies ahead through a stimulating, whole-child school experience. Through offerings in athletics, performing and visual arts, technology, Spanish and a robust curriculum, St. Mark’s prepares its graduates for the many high school options Houston offers, and successfully places its students in high schools which best fit each.
St. Mark’s is an Episcopal school, and as part of the St. Mark’s Episcopal Church parish, is known as a community environment and second home to over 350 families. The school is committed to its positive relationship with families, believing strongly in the power of a fully engaged dynamic between school and home. As a place where children are known, teachers understand what it means to meet children where they are, which plays a crucial role in fostering each child’s spirit.
Interested candidates should complete our online application at www.stmes.org/careers.