Augusta, GA United States
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Episcopal Day School seeks an experienced, dynamic, and nurturing third-grade math/science teacher for the 2024-2025 school year. Candidates should have excellent teaching and interpersonal skills, a deep understanding of developmentally appropriate curricula in math and science, a passion for working with lower school students, and a solid commitment to professional and ethical standards when working with students, families, and colleagues.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and implement developmentally appropriate lessons and activities that support the development of conceptual understanding, procedural knowledge, and problem-solving skills.
- Provide direct, differentiated instruction for students, focusing on 21st-century skills such as collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Design lessons incorporating hands-on, concrete experiences in math and science as appropriate, including classes on our nature campus (Flowing Wells).
- Evaluate student growth in these disciplines.
- Implement instructional strategies and use clear and consistent classroom management in concert with the school’s core values and philosophy.
- Identify, select, modify, and create instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs in collaboration with grade-level teammates and curricular leaders.
- Use classroom management systems that are focused on students’ social-emotional needs.
- Provide a positive environment where students can actively engage in meaningful learning experiences.
- Communicate and partner effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals regularly.
- Respect the confidentiality of each child and their family
- Track and communicate individual student progress and provide interventions as needed
- Model professional and ethical standards when working with students, families, and colleagues.
- Attend division meetings and professional development sessions
- Actively support the mission and strategic plan of the school
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in education
- Understanding of the developmental needs of lower school students
- Competence with innovative, research-based teaching approaches in math and science
- Strong classroom management skills
- An inquisitive professional learning mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Patient, compassionate disposition
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Singapore Math training and/or experience
PAY & BENEFITS
This is a full-time, ten-month, salaried position. Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.