Houston, TX United States
A St. Mark’s 3rd Grade Teaching Assistant is responsible for providing support to the instructional program under the direction of the teacher, with specific responsibility for performing general clerical tasks, supervising students, and performing other duties for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the classroom.
– Guide and supervise the classroom under the direction of the lead teacher or Division Head and when the teacher is out of the room
– Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by working one-on-one with students or in small groups
– Assist in creating an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers
– Prepare needed materials and supplies
– Maintain technology skills in keeping with the vision of the school
– Supervise play areas, the classroom, the bathrooms and dismissal
– Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment
– Maintain professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings, and other professional activities
– Chaperone class trips
– Supervise lunch and dismissal duty on a regular basis and other supervisory duties as assigned
– Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Lower School
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
– Works in a sometimes highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges
– Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
– Physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, stoop, and reach overhead
– Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled office environment
– Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
About St. Mark’s Episcopal School
The community of St. Mark’s Episcopal School celebrates the uniqueness of each child. We are stewards of our students’ intellectual curiosity, faith, and passion for discovery. We cultivate joy, playfulness, and growth in a child-centered environment. Located in the West University Place neighborhood of Houston, St. Mark’s serves 450 students from two-year-olds through 8th grade. St. Mark’s is an engaging community of learners where the school partners with its families in preparing each student for the path that lies ahead through a stimulating, whole-child school experience. Through offerings in athletics, performing and visual arts, technology, Spanish and a robust curriculum, St. Mark’s prepares its graduates for the many high school options Houston offers, and successfully places its students in high schools which best fit each.
St. Mark’s is an Episcopal school, and as part of the St. Mark’s Episcopal Church parish, is known as a community environment and second home to over 350 families. The school is committed to its positive relationship with families, believing strongly in the power of a fully engaged dynamic between school and home. As a place where children are known, teachers understand what it means to meet children where they are, which plays a crucial role in fostering each child’s spirit.
Please email Mayra Cantu at firstname.lastname@example.org