Ridgeland, MS United States
We are looking for an enthusiastic educator for the 2021-2022 school year to foster a dynamic and creative learning environment that engages students in the science curriculum and concepts through student-centered, differentiated instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare engaging, age appropriate lessons that reflect extensive knowledge of the curriculum and student development and abilities.
- Utilize a variety of teaching methods to meet the needs of students with diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Integrate meaningful and effective technology in the classroom.
- Participate in the continuing development of an inquiry-based curriculum that prepares students to be critical, independent thinkers.
- Demonstrate strong classroom management.
- Meet deadlines for reporting grades.
- Monitor students’ progress, strengths, and weaknesses, and communicate these when necessary to parents/guardians and administrators.
- Prepare substantive parent-teacher conference reports and written documentation on student progress.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the lower school as well as the assigned grade-level team and science department.
- Attend and contribute in full, divisional, departmental, and team faculty meetings.
- Take an active role in professional activities and attend relevant professional meetings and conferences.
- Stay abreast of the latest advances in elementary and science education.
This job operates in a professional school environment.
This is a full-time position with teaching responsibilities from August – May. As with any independent school, faculty should be ready to chaperone class trips, perform typical day-to-day duties such as lunch and carpool duties, and engage fully in all school events that develop the student.
- Bachelor’s degree in elementary or science education, science, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of elementary-level science pedagogy.Knowledge of and experience with project-based learning preferred.
- Represent the school in the larger community in a positive manner that reflects that values of the school.
- Ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, administrators, and parents/guardians.
- High degree of cultural competency and demonstrated commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite required.
To apply, visit gosaints.org/jobs.