Tallahassee, FL United States
Holy Comforter Episcopal Teachers shall demonstrate a consistent sense of enthusiasm and passion that inspires children to want to learn, continually strive to foster new and innovative ideas to help grow the program beyond the required expectations, continue to challenge themselves to be the consummate learner in their field and develop and implement lesson plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required. Specific teaching duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student differences.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by FDOE, Board policies and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results for instructional activities.
- Consistently assess student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Cooperate with other members of staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives and methods according to school requirements.
- Plan and oversee purposeful assignments.
- Use technology in the teaching/learning process including teaching remotely or digitally if needed.
- Communicate regularly with parents about the progress of their child(ren) through newsletters, emails, webpage.
- Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular or co-curricular activities as assigned or approved by the school.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with students, families and colleagues.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to school and board policies.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assist in selection of instructional materials.
- Prepare substitute lesson and emergency plans.