Tampa, FL United States
The Berkeley Preparatory School seeks a high performing professional for the Office of Institutional Advancement. The Office of Institutional Advancement coordinates all fundraising, volunteer management, family and alumni engagement, and communications for Berkeley Preparatory School.
The Administrative Assistant position operates in a fast-paced, highly productive environment, and is involved in the execution of annual fundraising and stewardship activities and volunteer programs of alumni and current parent constituents. Berkeley Preparatory School is currently seeking candidates who can successfully manage competing projects, deadlines, and stakeholders with an ongoing attention to detail and positive attitude. Successful candidates must be able to anticipate team needs and take appropriate action, adapt communication and work styles to different audiences, and take responsibility for work and commitments.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for fundraising and engagement initiatives for the Office of Institutional Advancement, including the Berkeley Fund, Berkeley Alumni Association, and Parents’ Club. This consists of direct support for a multitude of events, ranging from campus-wide gatherings, off-campus tournaments, donor events, and many annual Parents’ Club activities. The Administrative Assistant will:
• Create and maintain accurate financial reports and trackers, including spreadsheets and donor lists for both internal and external volunteer use
• Provide timely follow-up and support for volunteer efforts
• Handle administrative tasks associated with all events, from the initial planning phase, through working the event itself, and the post-event stewardship and follow up activities. This includes but is not limited to invitations, registrations, catering, etc.
• Develop, organize, and execute all “event-day” processes, including check-in and check-out
• Maintain accurate event recordkeeping, including registrations, finances, and benchmarking reports
• Provide support for school-wide events
• Coordinate various on or off-campus meetings to completion
• Provide quality assurance measures for external communications
• Assist in database requests for distribution and email lists
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Excellent organization and communications skills
● Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact in a pleasant and professional manner with all constituents
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
● Ability to learn Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge constituent database
● Preference given for previous database and Google suite experience
● Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently, anticipating team and project needs with a high degree of accuracy
● Strong teamwork ethic
● Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
● Working knowledge of general office procedures
● Proficiency in calendar management
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with salary and full benefits. The compensation package will be very competitive nationally and commensurate with experience, degree attainment, and the national independent school and college markets.
Interested Persons please send a resume and detailed cover letter to:
Berkeley Preparatory School
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Berkeley Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School-administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.