Austin, TX United States
Trinity Episcopal School is seeking a positive, organized, hard-working individual to serve as Administrative Assistant to the Head of Middle School (MS).
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based PreK-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Our Mission: At Trinity Episcopal School, we will nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant to the MS Head is charged with facilitating the work of the Middle School Head and ensuring that the Middle School office and division (grades 5-8) runs smoothly.
Reporting: The Middle School Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Head of Middle School.
- Create a positive and organized office and teacher workroom environment for the division
- Serve as receptionist for Legacy Hall, answering phones and interacting with students, teachers, parents, and visitors
- Manage MS student sign-in and daily attendance records/reports
- Assist the MS Head with daily administrative tasks (calendaring, filing, copies, mail, etc.)
- Draft communications on behalf of the MS division, and proof-read/edit documents and special reports
- Facilitate set-up for division-wide meetings and events
- Sit on the graduation committee and school-wide emergency response team
- Handle purchasing for the division and/or coordinate with Facilities to order/stock supplies, and keep budgetary records
- Coordinate and assist with MS carpool
- Serve as back-up Substitute Coordinator, along with Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Head
- Complete special projects as directed by the MS Head
- Support the MS teachers, MS Deans, and MS Specialists under the guidance of the MS Head
- Proven administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Problem-solving skills and a mindset for customer service
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Mastery of Google Suite and facility for learning other programs/databases
- Strong judgment and discretion with regard to confidential information
- Appreciation for children/young adults and the impactful role of an educational institution in the lives of children, their families, and the greater community
To apply: Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.