Raleigh, NC United States
Saint Mary’s School is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory, boarding and day school for girls in grades 9–12. The School is the fourth oldest girls’ boarding and day school in the country. The School is located on a beautiful 23-acre campus which is within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions of downtown Raleigh. Raleigh-Durham, NC is ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States by US News & World Report.
Saint Mary’s School is offering a unique and exciting opportunity for an Admission Counselor to live and work on a beautiful historic campus for the 2022-23 year. This benefited position possibly offers campus housing provided by the School where Residential Faculty members can participate in a vibrant campus life with other families and students and enjoy meals in the dining hall. This exceptional location is in the heart of downtown Raleigh in a gated campus with 24/7 security.
The Admission Counselor will report to the Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid. As a member of the admission team, the Admission Counselor will primarily be responsible for identifying, recruiting, and selecting prospective students to ensure Saint Mary’s School enrollment goals.
This position has the possibility to be residential and as such there is an opportunity to be a part of a close-knit residential faculty community where one lives on campus and works with students who board at the school. Residential Faculty members report to the Director of Residential Life and are responsible for duty of the girls at least one night a week and one weekend a month, including participating as a chaperone/sponsor or in some other capacity in aspects of the student life program.
- Represent Saint Mary’s School at fairs, conferences, admission gatherings in geographical areas assigned by the Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid.
- Create and implement an aggressive visit plan in assigned market. This plan should include school visits, visits and communication with current families, and visits with educational consultants.
- Identify new and cultivate relationships with existing feeder schools.
- Schedule visits for prospective families which will include on campus tours.
- Provide oversight to families through their application process.
- (a) Serve as representative to Saint Mary’s for all aspects related to summer camps. This includes Camp Sendoff for current students, visiting summer camps while in session, making admission presentations to summer camps on campus throughout the summer, and working with current students and parents to generate names of prospective Saint Mary’s students.
(b) Assist with the Student Ambassador Program
- Assist with on-campus and off-campus admissions events such as Open Houses and Visitation Days.
- Participate in the Admission Committee meetings; make decisions on recruitment and admissions matters such as placement of student, determining additional testing necessary during the application process, strategically where to recruit etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid.
- Perform weekend and night responsibilities to support the life of the residential community and the academic program as required by your position or requested by your manager/supervisor.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. Employees are required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by those authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Admission Counselor will display knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, Saint Mary’s School and its programs in working with prospective students and families. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and possess excellent interpersonal and organization skills. The candidate must be able to work both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced office and to take initiative in creating new ideas to enhance admission efforts. The position requires the following qualifications:
- A BS/BA in Business Administration, Counseling, Psychology, Education, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact positively with a wide range of individuals
- Willingness to travel 50% of time
- Energy, integrity, sincerity, organization, and the drive to succeed
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Demonstrated success in an academic setting, preferably in the field of admission
- Familiarity with boarding school
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Veracross
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Works in a fast-paced environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts
- Regularly sit, talk, hear and to visually intercept visitors
- Standing, bending, reaching, and moving about to coordinate work; some walking up and down stairs will be required
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Be able to travel short and long distance by car and airplane; able to safely drive after dark
- Most time is spent at a desk on a phone and/or in front of a computer screen
If interested, please apply online at: https://www.employment-sms.com/jobs/
Saint Mary’s School is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package.
We cannot respond to every applicant regarding the status of his or her application. Only those whose qualifications most closely meet our requirements will be contacted.
Saint Mary’s School is a drug-free workplace. A background check satisfactory to the school is required.