Tampa, FL United States
Admissions Administrative Assistant
Berkeley seeks an Administrative Assistant to work with the Office of Admissions. The successful candidate will serve as the liaison between the Admissions team and prospective families exuding the highest level of hospitality and professionalism. The position is a full- time, non-exempt, 10-month position that is required to work mid-August through early June.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Senior Associate Director for Upper Division Admissions and the Associate Director for Middle Division Admissions
• Manage the MD/UD admissions reception area and welcome visitors
• Process candidates’ admissions application materials and communicate with prospective families regarding the admissions process and timeline
• Correspond with prospective applicant families and other interested parties in a timely, confidential, and professional manner
• Schedule and confirm admissions activities (i.e. tours, testing, events)
• Maintain the admissions database (Blackbaud K-12 School Management) and manage applicant files throughout the admissions process – inquiry through acceptance and enrollment
• Facilitate the ordering/management of office supplies and admissions materials
• Perform additional duties and projects necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the Admissions Office
• Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills with a genuine interest in people and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality, professionalism, customer service and collaboration
• Energetic, outgoing, resourceful, detail-oriented independent worker who thrives in a collaborative environment and who shows initiative
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite; able to create, manage and format mail merge and template documents
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Provide a warm and welcoming environment for all admissions visitors
• Fluency with database management; or ability to learn same
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing with internal and external constituents
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, capable of managing multiple projects and competing priorities
• Enthusiasm and commitment to the vision and mission of the school
• Flexibility, good humor, positivity, and a collaborative nature
Compensation and Benefits:
The appointment will begin mid-August 2023 and is a full-time, non-exempt position with full benefits. The compensation package will be very competitive nationally and commensurate with experience, degree attainment, and the national independent school and college markets.
Interested Persons should send a resume with three references and a detailed cover letter to:
Business Office Operational Assistant
Berkeley Preparatory School
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Berkeley Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School- administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.