Harrisburg, PA United States
St. Stephen’s Episcopal School
Available Position: Director of Advancement
Full/Part-time: Part time (four days per week)
Start Date: July 1, 2023
About St. Stephen’s Episcopal School:
Founded in 1978 as the primary mission of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral in Harrisburg, PA, St. Stephen’s Episcopal School provides a superior education in an Episcopal setting to students of all faiths and ethnic heritages, cultivating confident individuals who contribute positively to their families, school, and larger community.
SSES has over 140 students, preschool through 8th grade, and is composed of 70% students of color, with over 60% of students receiving some level of tuition assistance. Students benefit from small class sizes, strong academics, and a sense of belonging in a loving community. The school values and celebrates ethnic, socioeconomic, racial, religious, and sexual/gender orientation diversity. Learn more at www.sseschool.org
The school is seeking a Director of Advancement to work closely with the Head of School to help shape and implement the future strategic direction of the school as related to fundraising, marketing and communications.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of direct fund-raising or related transferable experience in the solicitation and closing of major gifts.
- A strong background in education and knowledge of marketing strategies, outreach, and fund-raising experience in independent schools.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to articulate the mission and vision of St. Stephen’s Episcopal School in a compelling manner.
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple activities, demands, and/or projects simultaneously, while maintaining a high degree of effectiveness, a spirit of collaboration, and a sense of humor.
- Experience in soliciting donors to Pennsylvania’s tax credit programs (EITC/ SPE/OSTC/PKTC) preferred.
- Experience with Student Information Systems, including Blackbaud.
- The ability to travel if needed as well as attend events on evenings and weekends.
Reporting to the Head of School and working closely with the Board of Trustees, the Director of Advancement will interact with donors and prospects; diligently prepare and strategize in advance to ensure an understanding of the interests and motivations of a particular donor prospect; and building both short-term and long-term action plans on how to advance donors.
The Director will oversee all development initiatives, including annual giving, tax credit programs (EITC/SPE), major gifts, planned giving, events, and alumni affairs. The Director will build relationships with those currently supporting the school, recognize donors, and build a culture of philanthropy throughout the extended SSES community. The Director will contribute to the school’s communications and marketing efforts, and connect with alumni.
- Salary Range: $65,000- $75,000 commensurate with experience.
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage through a group health insurance plan
- Simple IRA plan, with school donation regardless of employee contribution
- Professional Development and Continuing Education funds
- Parking allowance
- Generous paid time off and holidays during the school year
- Flexible work hours and potential part time remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer:
St. Stephen’s Episcopal School (The School) does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and familial affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. Black, Indigenous, & People of Color are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume and cover letter to Interim Head of School Kirk Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org