Tampa, FL United States
Founded in 1960, Berkeley Preparatory School is a co-educational, Episcopal affiliated, independent, college preparatory school with a current enrollment of 1,400 students in grades Pre-K through 12.
At Berkeley, we seek to educate the whole child by nurturing students’ intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical development so they may attain their highest potential. We are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse learning community that develops the character of and a strong sense of social responsibility in each student.
Berkeley is located on a beautiful and well-equipped 86-acre campus, consisting of 29 state-of-the-art buildings. Our proud mascot is the Buccaneer. Graduates are passionate, well-rounded individuals who have learned the core values of discipline, diligence and integrity while mastering a rigorous, engaging curriculum and a myriad of co-curricular opportunities.
Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement position is vital to the success of Berkeley Preparatory School’s advancement program. This role is responsible for developing and executing programming designed to engage, inform, educate, and inspire Berkeley’s alumni, students, and parents. Under the guidance of the Director of Alumni Relations, this staff member will oversee innovative and relevant strategies to advance the school’s student philanthropy program, develop a targeted young alumni communication plan, and strengthen/grow alumni affinity communities. The individual in this role will also be responsible for expanding the alumni networking program, Berkeley Connect. The assistant director will effectively support all alumni programming activities and communications to ensure the best possible experience for the alumni community. This position will report to the Director of Alumni Relations and work collaboratively with the Office of Institutional Advancement team, members of the on-campus community, and alumni volunteers.
This position is a 12-month, exempt full-time position. Out-of-town travel, evening and weekend work are required as job duties demand.
• Cultivate relationships with alumni to further their connection to Berkeley and increase awareness of the alumni association’s mission
• Develop young alumni strategy for engagement and donor retention that includes, but is not limited to, communications, events, volunteer opportunities, etc.
• Grow, streamline, and manage the student philanthropy education program through role as club advisor for the Student Alumni Relations Committee (SARC)
• Recruit, train, and lead young alumni reunion volunteers
• Provide guidance and direct assistance with affinity program planning, communications, and new volunteer recruitment
• Contribute relevant content to alumni communication outreach. Pieces include, but are not limited to, the Berkeley Magazine, the e-newsletter, and alumni website
• Grow and leverage the current Berkeley career networking program, Berkeley Connect (this includes management of current and new events, volunteer opportunities, and electronic resources and marketing)
• Generate content and oversee all alumni association social media accounts and online platforms
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Alumni Relations to support the mission of the alumni association’s working board, the Alumni Executive Committee
• Assist with recording metrics to evaluate the success of all alumni office efforts
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Three years of experience in the advancement field or equivalent experience in related field
• Background in event coordination, volunteer management, fundraising, or communications
• Impeccable oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to communicate with a diverse constituent group
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to problem solve with foresight
• Computer skills must include high competence in Microsoft Office software, social media, and databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge)
• Ability to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive and fluid environment without sacrificing accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
• Energetic personality and effective communicator with a drive for results
Compensation and Benefits:
The appointment will begin August 2022 and is a full-time position with full benefits. The compensation package will be very competitive nationally and commensurate with experience, degree attainment, and the national independent school and college markets.
Interested Persons please send a resume and detailed cover letter to:
Berkeley Preparatory School
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Berkeley Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School-administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.