Exton, PA United States
Start Date: Immediately
FLSA Classification: Exempt
THE CHURCH FARM SCHOOL
1001 E. Lincoln Highway
Exton, PA 19341
Since 1918, The Church Farm School has prepared a diverse group of boys with academic ability and good character to lead productive and fulfilling lives by making a college preparatory education financially accessible. Located in Exton, PA, CFS offers a college preparatory education for 190 boys in a boarding/day environment for grades 9 through 12. For additional information on CFS please access: www.gocfs.net.
This 12-month position reports to and supports the Director of Enrollment with responsibilities for recruiting, interviewing, evaluating and securing enrollment of qualified students to Church Farm School. As a representative of Church Farm School, maintaining the highest professional conduct and decorum is essential and flexibility in schedule is required to participate actively in enrollment activities during the day, over weekends, etc.
Applicant should be capable of making accurate assessments and evaluating families’ financial aid applications, which include tax and other financial documentation and making financial aid award recommendations to the financial aid committee and Director of Enrollment.
- Effectively market Church Farm School and its programs to prospective families
- Attend school fairs as assigned by the Director of Enrollment
- Cultivate relationships with educational consultants, placement directors and prospective families to promote the value and outcomes of the Church Farm School experience and the importance of having a diverse student body
- Help prepare for and attend Open Houses, Revisit Day and prospective applicant visits
- Financial Aid processing
- Support Church Farm School’s mission by providing fair and objective financial aid recommendations
- Clearly identify and define financial aid policies that will support the mission of Church Farm School
- Assist the Director of Enrollment with the management of financial aid resources
- Educate and counsel families throughout the financial aid process
- Make sound judgments on financial aid awards based on the required documentation and Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS)
- Closely work with the Director of Enrollment in order to support the Enrollment Office and School’s goals and objectives
- Work with prospective students and families
- Conduct school tours for prospective families
- Interview potential students
- Respond to applicants’ email and or phone inquiries
- Determine appropriate testing for applicants
- Maintain awareness of eligibility issues (academic, athletic, etc.)
- Correspond regularly with students and parents on status of application
- Process incoming applications
- Update applicant’s status in the enrollment database as needed
- Monitor application files to assure they are complete with all required information in order for them to be reviewed
- Arrange for completed application files to be reviewed by the Enrollment Committee
- Participate as an active member of the school’s Enrollment Committee
- Student Retention
- Work with current students to determine satisfaction with the Church Farm School program and report to Director of Enrollment any need to address a student’s status
- Review marketing and promotional material, making recommendations for improvement
- Update and maintain school media presentations
- Investigate new opportunities for Church Farm School’s enrollment reach including fairs, school visits, use of social media, etc.
- Oversee the Enrollment Tour Guide program
- Work with faculty and staff to assure productive and exciting visits from prospective families making recommendations to Director of Enrollment for areas of improvement
- Support Church Farm School’s orientation program and other family events (e.g. Parents’ Weekend, Revisit Day, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Answer all inquiries (mail, phone, web, etc.) in a timely manner
- Submit to Director of Enrollment for weekly review all expense and activity reports
Travel (10-25%), and Weekend and/or Evening as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- 3-4 years of enrollment experience required
- 2-3 years of financial aid experience at an independent school preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and planning skills; ability to balance multiple responsibilities
- Ability to actively problem solve with grace and humor
- Proficient with social media video hosting/sharing platforms, including Twitter, Instagram and Vimeo
- Familiarity with School Admin and Student Services (SSS) software
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Google Docs and Zoom
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Church Farm School offers competitive salaries, a generous benefits package including retirement plan, paid vacations and medical insurance. The school is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Church Farm School welcomes and celebrates diversity, and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply by letter to the address above (Att: Director of Enrollment) or by email: email@example.com. Include by separate attachments: cover letter indicating passion for the position, resume of qualifications and experiences and names and contact information for three professional references. Please enter the position in the subject line of the email.