Concord, NH United States
DESCRIPTION: St. Paul’s School seeks an Associate Dean of Admissions to begin duties in August of 2023. The associate deans of admission are charged with specific responsibilities in addition to the daily work of the Admission Office in recruiting a diverse and talented student body. The position of Associate Dean requires an experienced admission professional with energy and enthusiasm, outstanding people skills, a sense of humor, meaningful experience working with adolescents, and demonstrated leadership in a school or community-based organization. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to help recruit, select, and enroll new students to the School. As part of a residential boarding school, the Associate Dean is also required to coach a sport and live and work with adolescents in a fully residential and intentional community.
St. Paul’s is a completely residential, co-educational, Episcopal, secondary school in Concord, NH, welcoming to all faiths. St. Paul’s seeks applications from candidates who will promote the School’s commitment to attracting and retaining a highly talented and diverse faculty. A successful candidate will embrace the fully residential living experience and have a demonstrated gift for engaging a diverse student body and strengthening the St. Paul’s School inclusive community. In addition to teaching or administrative responsibilities, faculty at St. Paul’s School are responsible for a variety of activities typical to the boarding school environment, including advising, dormitory association, coaching, committee work and other duties.
Education: Bachelor of Arts degree.
The Associate Dean must have a strong desire to contribute actively to the academic, athletic, residential, and co-curricular programs offered by the School. The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and solve problems, as well as handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good judgment and ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
- Cultural competence and inclusiveness in working with populations of diverse cultures and identities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the full range of recruiting, selecting, and enrolling new students.
- Bring energy and new ideas to a selective boarding school whose admissions team is charged with enrolling close to 150 students each year.
- Interview admissions prospects on and off the grounds of the School.
- Travel internationally and in central US region to visit other schools, programs, alumni, and parents. Travel is required at least 30% of the time during peak periods.
- Plan and participate in candidate selection work.
- Evaluate admission applications.
Experience: Ideal candidates will have interviewing and independent school or college admission experience. As part of a residential boarding school, the candidate must enjoy working and living with faculty colleagues and adolescents.as well recruiting to support the athletics and artistic programs of the school.
SALARY: Competitive, based on experience.
To apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with their online application.