Tampa, FL United States
Berkeley Preparatory School is seeking a dynamic communications professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will collaborate with many constituents within our community and work independently to create engaging multimedia content across all communication platforms. The Associate Director of Strategic Communications serves as an integral member of the Office of Communications to support strategic internal and external communications on behalf of Berkeley Preparatory School.
- Collaborate with the director on executing annual internal and external communications strategies
- Craft integrated communications for use in social and digital media, print publications, e-newsletters, external marketing, and more
- Support the Office of Institutional Advancement, in collaboration with the director, by generating broad and comprehensive awareness of the excellence of Berkeley
- Support the Office of Admissions, in collaboration with the director, by developing strategies that boost application and enrollment numbers
- Support the Athletics Department, in collaboration with the director, by sharing positive news relating to student-athletes, coaches, and teams
- Manage and maintain all Berkeley social media accounts
- Provide direction to the school’s web manager, photographer, videographers, and others on needed photo and digital assets
- Assist with positioning school leadership as experts in their fields by securing promotional opportunities
- Oversee the development of event programs for theatre and musical performances
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas required: marketing, communications, journalism, or digital media/marketing management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing and communications role required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, with strong interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to edit writing for spelling, grammar, punctuation, brevity, and effectiveness
- Capable of translating brand and media strategies into engaging and creative concepts across media platforms and in concert with marketing campaigns and objectives
- Highly organized and the ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables under tight deadlines
- Full comprehension of using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other standard software applications. Preferred knowledge of Google Docs, Google Drive, and similar cloud-based file sharing applications. Additional familiarity with Apple products and software required
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- A team player who possesses the curiosity to learn the school’s culture, a desire to continuously seek information about Berkeley’s people and programs, and a willingness to actively participate in the life of the school
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time position with full benefits. The compensation package will be very competitive nationally and commensurate with experience, degree attainment, and the national independent school and college markets.
Interested Persons should send a resume and detailed cover letter to:
Business Office Operational Assistant
Berkeley Preparatory School
All inquiries and nominations are kept confidential.
Berkeley Preparatory School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or national or ancestral origin in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other School- administered programs, or in the administration of its hiring and employment practices. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.