Fort Lauderdale, FL United States
Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church and School in beautiful, sunny South Florida is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper/Accountant to join our team. If you are currently working as a Bookkeeper and could hit the ground running, we’d love to speak with you. We offer an outstanding work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Minimum Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Accounting Knowledge: Strong Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices is essential. Candidates should understand concepts such as double-entry bookkeeping, debits and credits, and financial statements.
- Experience: Relevant work experience as a bookkeeper or in a similar accounting role is preferred.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in using accounting software and computer skills is required. Candidates should be comfortable with spreadsheets, data entry, and other relevant software applications. Familiarity with popular accounting software like QuickBooks or Sage is required.
- Attention to Detail: Candidates need to have a keen eye for detail and accuracy. Should be able to record and maintain financial data with precision, ensuring that all transactions are properly classified and documented.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills are necessary to manage multiple financial tasks and deadlines effectively. Candidates should be able to prioritize their work, maintain well-organized records, and retrieve information efficiently when needed.
- Numerical Proficiency: A solid grasp of basic mathematics and numerical proficiency is essential for bookkeepers. They should be comfortable working with numbers, performing calculations, and reconciling accounts.
- Ethics and Confidentiality: Candidates often have access to sensitive financial information, so they must demonstrate high ethical standards and maintain strict confidentiality of financial records and transactions.
- Communication Skills: Effective communication is important for candidates, as they may need to interact with colleagues, clients, or vendors to clarify financial transactions or resolve discrepancies. Good written and verbal communication skills are valuable.
- Continuous Learning: Keeping up-to-date with changes in accounting regulations, software updates, and industry best practices is beneficial for bookkeepers. Candidates should be willing to pursue professional development opportunities and stay current in their field.
- Ensure that all transactions are accurately entered into the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
- Reconcile bank statements with the company’s financial records to ensure that all transactions are accounted for and there are no discrepancies.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Process invoices, track payments, and manage accounts payable to ensure timely payment of bills and avoid late fees or penalties.
- Maintain the general ledger. Post journal entries, make adjustments, and ensure the accuracy of the general ledger accounts.
- Prepare financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, based on the financial data they have recorded.
- Support the budgeting process by providing financial data and assisting in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and company policies.
- Work closely with other departments, such as the finance team, purchasing department, or external auditors. Collaborate on financial analysis, provide information and reports as needed, and communicate financial information to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the ongoing mission and vision of the School and Church.
- Have proof of eligibility to work in the US.
- Be able to clear a level 2 background check.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee will be required to follow any other job related instruction and perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give such instruction or assignments.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and a quick note about why you would be a great fit for the position to Nicole Willi, Director of Human Recources at firstname.lastname@example.org