Denver, CO United States
ABOUT ST. ANNE’S EPISCOPAL SCHOOL
St. Anne’s is an independent PS-8 co-educational school enrolling approximately 430 students across the Denver metro area. We provide an uplifting, nurturing environment where each child is fully supported academically, artistically and athletically. We build character and integrity upon a spiritual, moral and ethical foundation and strive to foster the development of people who make significant and lasting contributions to society. Grounded in the values and traditions of our founding Sisters and empowered by their sense of belonging, St. Anne’s graduates know themselves, care for others and strive to serve and improve their communities.
St. Anne’s educated minds, enriches hearts, and expands horizons.
St. Anne’s Episcopal School is pleased to announce an opening for a full-time School Chaplain for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Head Chaplain plays the lead role in helping to define, preserve, and promote the School’s Episcopal identity to all community members. Building on the Episcopal School ideals of inquiry, compassion, inclusion, and reason, the School Chaplain is a community builder. They work across school to coordinate the Chapel program that celebrates many paths to God, rather than specific religious formation. Importantly, our Chapel programming is intended to unify our broad community, which represents all faiths, as well as those of no particular organized faith background while simultaneously honoring individual community members’ religious identities. As a NAES school, St. Anne’s seeks to “strive for justice and peace among all people and [to] respect the dignity of every human being.”
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Promote the spiritual life of the school and serve as the custodian for our Episcopal School identity.
- Oversee and facilitate a meaningful, inclusive, and age-appropriate PK-8 chapel program, including monthly All-School, and weekly Middle School and Lower School Chapels.
- Plan and coordinate with the Assistant Head of Lower School the Character Power program.
- Plan and lead developmentally appropriate weekly Middle and Lower School religious education classes.
- Serve on various school committees as needed.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the school’s Board of Trustees.
- Represent the school at various regional and national conferences.
- Support students, employees, and families as needs arise.
- Maintain a visible presence in the school community.
- Promote and encourage the spiritual well-being of the community.
- Work with the leadership team on building community and a sense of belonging for families.
- Create opportunities for parent education, spiritual development, and life issues.
- Co-leads with the Assistant Head of School and Director of Community Belonging and Engagement the service learning program.
- Serve on the Academic Leadership Team and coordinate with Department Chairs to maintain the religion/spiritual curriculum, Preschool through 8th grade.
- Support the Admissions and Development Offices in maintaining a clear and accurate understanding of the Episcopal identity in service of the mission of the school.
- Participate in the life of the Episcopal Diocese, serving as an advocate for the school and school ministry in general.
- Oversee the annual Chaplaincy and Religion budget.
- BA/BS or equivalent in an appropriate field.
- Ordained Episcopal Priest or Deacon preferred.
- One to three years of pastoral experience is required. Pastoral experience working with youth or in a school setting is preferred.
- A passion for pastoral ministry in an academic setting.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with students, families, faculty, and staff, while embracing the diverse backgrounds within the school community.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
St. Anne’s Episcopal School is committed to creating a supportive learning environment where all individuals are valued for their unique contributions and are able to achieve their highest potential. We strongly believe that a diverse and inclusive environment is the best learning environment for our students and prepares them to live, work, and thrive in an increasingly global and multicultural community. We reject all prejudice, particularly those based on race, national and ethnic origin, religion, socioeconomic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and physical characteristics.
St. Anne’s believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, disability genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws. The school’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotional opportunities, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
$65,000 – $80,000 Annually (Commensurate with Experience)
St. Anne’s offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) retirement inclusion, long-term disability, life insurance, free lunch and tuition assistance.
Interested candidates can send their cover letter, resume, Philosophy of Education statement, and list of references to Rene Reynolds, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.