Arden, NC United States
Reporting to the Head of School, the Chief Financial Officer serves as a member of the Leadership Team, and works closely with the Board of Trustees and the Finance Committee to ensure the financial obligations of the school are met and that the school operates in a fiscally sound manner. The CFO formulates and manages the annual budget of the school and develops strategies to help the school meet those goals. The CFO is responsible for the planning, accounting, and reporting of income and expenses for the school, works closely with department heads to track spending relative to budget, and works with the Director of Admission to set tuition. The CFO oversees and collaborates with staff members in the Business Office and Facilities departments. In addition, the CFO works closely with the Head of School, Assistant Head for External Affairs, and Director of Facilities around strategy, capital campaign, and campus planning. The successful candidate will be a detail oriented, strategic thinker with strong business acumen and interpersonal skills who will oversee the school’s financial operations and use financial tools to support the school’s mission and strategic plan.
4 Year Degree
Application and Nominations:
Evaluation of candidate materials will begin immediately and continue until a new Chief Financial Officer is named. The opportunity is available in 2024 when filled following a comprehensive national search. For more background on Christ School, please visit: www.christschool.org.
- Partners with the Head of School in utilizing the school’s resources to achieve the school’s mission and strategic plan;
- Performs monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts;
- Prepares the school’s financial records for an annual audit;
- Ensures that all financial records are accurate and meet the requirements set forth by the board;
- Oversees the payroll service and retirement accounts;
- Provides timely updates to the Head of School and the finance committee;
- Manages the cash flow of the school, including Accounts Payable and Receivable;
- Oversees the management of the Endowment of the school to ensure it is in compliance with the investment policies of the board;
- Evaluates and monitors the health insurance and property/casualty insurance of the school;
- Oversees the preparation of the federal 940 tax return and all other filings; and,
- Serves on a Duty Team.
About Christ School:
Christ School was founded in 1900 and is affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Located nine miles south of Asheville, North Carolina, Christ School is an all-boys boarding and day school for 300 students grades 8-12. Students come from 16 states and eight foreign countries. All world faiths are represented and welcomed at Christ School.
Christ School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about our programs, faculty, and history, please visit our website or social media platforms: christschool.org, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume with a cover letter to Steve Stay, Registrar & Executive Assistant to the Head of School after completing this survey: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=xPdFYdOkpEKXKL7fvJ_Fzwi9XN3glfxAieXtLsH_9UpUMlNPSkxTVFZTWDBZTVpaWU1RWUJBM1BNRi4u .