Austin, TX United States
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based, K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Overview of the Position:
The Chief Marketing and Communications Officer is charged with leading the Trinity Episcopal School marketing team, building strategic marketing and communications content and campaigns supporting recruitment, retention, and development to further the school’s mission. As a Leadership Team member, the person will serve as the strategic marketing and communications advisor for the Head of School, Board of Trustees, and the Faculty and Staff.
- Report to the Head of School and supervise a marketing and communications team of three.
- Oversee content and placement strategy for all marketing, including search ads, social media, events, print, direct mail, and email campaigns.
- Align with the Chief Development Officer and Director of Admission to create marketing and communications support for recruitment, retention, fundraising, and stewardship goals.
- Provide internal communications direction to faculty and staff for communication to parents and students, including online portals, email, and events.
- Partner with the Head of School and other key leadership team members to develop and manage internal communication in line with the strategic and operational goals of the school.
- Plan, write and edit content for various internal channels for communicating across faculty and staff, ensuring message alignment.
- Serve as the school’s brand steward, ensuring alignment throughout all departments and materials.
- Serve as the marketing and communications subject-matter expert on the school’s leadership team.
- Oversee the school’s website, including design, content, UX, and SEO.
- Lead crisis communications, including identifying and tracking potential threats, running crisis simulations, and handling live crisis response.
- Advise board members and parent council officers on community-wide communications to families, faculty, and staff.
- Oversee an annual marketing budget, working with the COO to ensure responsible use of resources and marketing dollars’ impact.
- Hire and supervise contractors, freelancers, and full-service agencies as needed to supplement work resources.
- Fully participate in the life of the school by attending chapel services and special events, working carpool shifts, and performing other all-faculty/staff duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
- More than 10 years of experience in marketing and communications leadership roles in a professional setting. (Experience in the education field is a plus but not required.)
- Experience supervising a team of two or more.
- Exceptional business communications acumen – upward, downward, lateral, and external.
- Ability to collaborate and work in tandem across varied departments and groups, including fellow Leadership Team members, faculty, staff, families, and students.
- Exceptional knowledge of current marketing and communications techniques and platforms.
- Able to maintain discretion and professionalism in cases of sensitive or confidential situations.
- Must be committed to the principles of the Episcopal Identity of the school while serving in a diverse community.Our
At Trinity Episcopal School, we nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
Interpersonal Skills & Competencies:
- Highly strategic, big-picture thinker.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships and rapport and relates well with people across all areas and departments.
- Cultural competency – the ability to work effectively and communicate authentically with students, families, faculty, and staff as appropriate to the school culture.
- Has high emotional intelligence and takes personal responsibility.
- Can effectively cope with change, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, and stays steady under pressure.
- Active listener with the patience to hear people out.
- During the school year: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- During the summer: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Some special events on weekends and evenings are required as a Leadership Team member.
- The nature of the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer position will require being on-call in case of critical communications issues.
- Generous time off is provided to all staff members, including Christmas week, Spring Break, Thanksgiving week, and more.
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non–‐discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.