Sewanee, TN United States
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School seeks Computer Support Technician
Appointment to begin immediately.
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School seeks a full-time Computer Support Technician to support approximately 230 boarding and day students and approximately 65 faculty and staff at the school in a friendly and approachable manner. This position is primarily a deskside support position, but will also include support of educational line-of-business software, classroom AV systems (projectors/smartboards), etc. SAS is supported by Enable Technology Group for technology strategy direction (CIO) and network architecture and management. The successful candidate will seek guidance from Enable Technology Group to carry out the school’s technology strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Triage, schedule, manage, and respond to technology requests from faculty, staff, and students in a timely manner escalating network, server, and complex issues to Enable Technology Group, as necessary.
- Manage technology lab.
- Administer GSuite in collaboration with Enable Technology Group.
- Collaborate on technology budget management.
- Respond to and collaborate on support requests with the Education Technology Coordinator and Enable Technology Group as appropriate.
- Manage inventory for hardware and software licenses, for classroom technology components such as presentation systems and displays, and for other technology as needed.
- Support classroom technology such as AV equipment, projectors, etc.
- Triage requests requiring advanced network support, assistance from other vendors (copiers, internet provider, etc.) and those requiring support from other school departments.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent client-facing deskside support skills
- Experience in a school environment Significant computer hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of current educational technological development and trends
- Working knowledge and experience with:
- Windows computers (Windows 10), Apple Macs, and iPads (Mac OS and iOS)
- Computer setup and configuration
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Troubleshooting and resolving printing issues
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Basic network troubleshooting and understanding of network switching and routing
- Basic AV skills (classroom AV/projectors, etc.)
- Knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Chromebooks and, preferably, Chromebook management
- Office 365 and GSuite
- Classroom technologies, like projectors, smart boards, etc.
- Imaging of computers
Personal Skills & Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills and service attitude
- Demonstrated ability to contribute thoughtful planning, careful execution, and effective teamwork
- Ability to collaborate with other IT professionals, consultants, and vendors.
- Well organized – the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Must be self-driven and able to work with little supervision
- Able to interact appropriately in a school setting
- Must be able to bend and reach to access files and drawers
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
Compensation – This is a full-time, 12-month position. Compensation is dependent on education and experience. Benefits include a tuition remission plan, health and dental insurance, worker’s compensation, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, retirement plan, and eligibility for grants for professional enrichment and continuing education.
SAS is a co-ed, independent, Episcopal, boarding and day school serving 230 students in grades six through twelve. Students come from across the U.S. and more than a dozen countries. Located in Sewanee, Tennessee, faculty and students enjoy a rural mountaintop college town with abundant outdoor and cultural activities. SAS encourages the development of students as scholars, athletes, and artists. Students commonly participate in multiple sports and extracurricular activities. The school is committed to intellectual, cultural, racial and economic diversity.
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications should be directed to the Computer Support Technician Search Committee c/o firstname.lastname@example.org. Download, complete, and return the required Employment Application, a letter of introduction, a résumé, and at least two professional references. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will close the application process when the position is filled.