Austin, TX United States
The Database Associate will be responsible for a range of database activities and IT support related task including development and maintenance of the Veracross database. The Database Associate is an integral part of the IT Team and must fully embrace and promote the vision of Austin Trinity Episcopal School.
Assist in the management of the VCX and VCA Veracross modules including but not limited to these specific responsibilities:
- Analyze, develop and oversee data management, data processing, and systems that promote
and support Trinity’s academic strategies and goals.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy, and promote a culture of Veracross data Plan for and execute regular data integrity checks. Develop data integrity maintenance procedures and put them into operation.
- Working with the Database Manager, develop and implement policies and procedures that help ensure effective use of Veracross information including data analytics, best practices in data management, reporting, and report deployment in a multi organizational environment.
- Plan, schedule, and execute reports and queries that meet department
- Provide support for Faculty and Staff to be more productive with Veracross and technology by developing training materials, trouble-shooting and answering questions. Ability to communicate technical material in approachable language.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Veracross and Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems.
- Collaborate with departments in a fast pace environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and
- Provide backup Registrar
The Database Associate will work in concert with the Database Manager to “connect the dots” between Veracross database and business metrics that fuels continual improvements in performance.
The Database Associate reports to the Director of Technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong Data Management Skills
- Knowledge of Veracross or any School Information Management System a plus
- Minimum 1-year experience in academic environment or in organizational support and data entry Ability to use initiative and work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Can-do, roll-up-your-sleeve positive and open-minded approach to managing
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with a professional and empathetic approach Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to move from task to task throughout the day
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non–‐discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.