Nashville, TN United States
Episcopal School of Nashville is seeking a Development Director for the 2021-2022 school year. Located in the historic Ross School Building at 1310 Ordway Place in East Nashville, the school opened its doors in the summer of 2016. Episcopal School of Nashville is a diverse urban independent school dedicated to nurturing the joy of learning and the spirit of discovery in each of its students. Caring, committed faculty and staff members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors, and guides. Episcopal School continually strives for an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty and staff.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Episcopal School of Nashville’s fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Head of School and the Board of Trustees in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of Episcopal School of Nashville.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 2 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the Head of School and Board of Trustees.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Episcopal School of Nashville with the community.
- Staff/ Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to our Episcopal School of Nashville team through firstname.lastname@example.org.