Austin, TX United States
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly-qualified Director of Admission starting July 2020.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based, K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Overview of position
Supporting the mission of Trinity Episcopal School, the Director of Admission will coordinate and lead all elements of the admission process, including recruitment and admissions, retention, data and research, information management, financial aid, and net tuition revenue. He or she is a dynamic leader who combines strategic thinking with professional expertise and excellent relational and communications skills. This individual manages the admission staff and reports to the Head of School. The ideal candidate is someone who will garner the respect of the community while displaying the ability to think strategically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain congruence between the school’s mission, core values, and all activities of the admission
- Serve as a member of the leadership team and manage the admissions team and the day-to-day operations of the Admission Office including personnel, calendar, and
- Work with the Head of School, the Chief Financial Officer, and the division heads to create and lead the strategic enrollment plan and direction. This includes enrollment and re-enrollment. Streamline the enrollment process, ensuring accuracy of information to achieve data-driven decision making, ensuring process flow, and creating the structure and culture necessary to provide a quality student experience as it relates to the entire matriculation
- Represent and market Trinity to prospective families and our community in ways that communicate our mission, values, curricular and co-curricular programming, community culture and expectations with integrity and confidentiality. This includes daily tours and the full calendar of admissions
- Create an annual recruitment plan to include strategies and events. Maintain good relationships with faculty, staff, and current families as well as current and potential feeder schools and with the greater Austin community. Work with Trinity’s marketing department on collateral materials and
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of Trinity’s admissions policies, practices, and procedures. This includes highly-organized record-keeping and reporting, keeping abreast of best practices including assessments and processes, creating relationships with and counseling prospective families, training and managing different constituencies on the admission committee (students, parents, faculty, staff), and student
- Working with the Head of School and the Chief Financial Officer, create, manage, and lead Trinity’s Financial Aid
- Effectively guide new families through the post-admission process and all orientation
- Other duties as required by the Head of School
Our Mission and Values
At Trinity Episcopal School, we nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
- Christian Foundation
- Enriched Academic Excellence
- A Diverse Community
- Family Commitment
At Trinity, leadership and faculty members
- actively support colleagues
- hold high, but not uniform, expectations of all students
- model, teach, and expect age-appropriate, disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission- consistent and respectful
- meaningfully and personally engage with all students
- positively and actively contribute to the life of the school
- collaborate with parents in the best interest of the school
- understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school
- respect and seek understanding in all facets of diversity
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree
- Highly efficient and effective communicator who is a results-oriented individual with strong business acumen and knowledge of best practices and current trends in the enrollment
- Leadership experience with current best practices in enrollment management, admissions, financial aid and
- Experience with current and emerging technology (hardware and software solutions) related to recruitment, admissions and financial aid, including expertise with enrollment management systems and web-based recruitment efforts. Experience with data
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with senior leadership on the integration of admissions and school-wide strategic
- Leadership experience in recruiting and supporting a culture of inclusion and
- Knowledge of national and state issues related to independent school education policies and practices that influence enrollment
- The successful candidate will have the ability to balance focusing on operational effectiveness with visionary and strategic thinking. The ideal candidate also will demonstrate excellent communication skills, outstanding integrity, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents with complete confidentiality within a competitive environment.
- The vision, flexibility, energy, patience, adaptability, and sense of humor to lead successfully
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.