Brookhaven, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is seeking a culturally competent and responsive candidate to serve as the Director of Advancement Services. The position reports to the Director of Advancement and serves as the exclusive donor database expert of the School. The Director of Advancement Services will manage all aspects of the School’s Raiser’s Edge database system including gift processing, acknowledgements, queries and reports. The Director of Advancement Services will remain abreast of industry best practices and owns the data integrity process. The role is charged with establishing policies, procedures and long-term strategies that best support Advancement data management.
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is a Christian school with an Episcopal identity and welcomes applicants of all faiths, celebrating inclusivity and diversity while fostering an inclusive culture. Under the direction of the Director of Advancement, the Director of Advancement Services will:
● Provide administrative support for the Enrollment Management and Marketing/Communications departments by managing the School’s enterprise, including all Blackbaud products such as CORE, RE NXT.
● Collaborate with Enrollment Management, Marketing/Communications and all applicable teams to manage data feeds and monitor the flow of data between various data systems.
● Ensure data integrity and security via the daily operation and maintenance of the Advancement database – Raiser’s Edge.
● Collect, analyze and create data reports for: donor stewardship, major gifts, alumni metrics and trends, leadership tracking and prospect development processes, targeted engagement strategies, volunteer and alumni stewardship.
● Process donor pledges, contributions and gifts, providing assistance to donors where needed.
● Serve as a team contributor to the Annual Fund as it relates to the RE database, including reporting, merging and printing solicitations, tracking data and analyzing data.
● Regularly acknowledge the donor community via personalized correspondence and specialized events.
● Participate in the annual audit process.
● Perform regular database clean-up and record updates for all constituencies.
● Work closely with the Business Office to update reports and reconcile donor gifts as necessary.
The Director of Advancement Services role requires a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the Director of Advancement, the responsibility for providing excellent customer service while anticipating and exceeding the needs of families and volunteers. Additionally, this role will be charged with creating and executing systems to streamline and automate routine tasks associated with data and gift entry as well as event tracking and other essential processes. This position is highly visible and the candidate will be required to help engage and celebrate the community through Advancement and Alumni related events.
● Minimum degree level requirement: Associates
● 7-10 years of related experience
● Extensive expertise in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, GoogleSuite and email marketing platforms
● Expert-level proficiency in creating queries, analyzing data and producing reports
● Vastly familiar with conditional mail merges
● Desire to plan and work collaboratively on a team is essential
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Demonstrated financial and technical aptitude
● Prior work within independent schools is strongly preferred
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● High attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, donors, faculty, staff, parents and other community members
● The ability to balance day to day priorities with long-term goals and projects
● This position has access to high levels of confidential information, thus a commitment to operating with a strong work ethic and sense of integrity, with a focus on maintaining confidentiality is integral
● Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the culture of open communication.
This job is performed inside; the noise level can be soft to loud. The job is mostly performed at a desk. While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be required to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, walk, talk, read, and hear. The employee could be required to use hands to write, type, finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
All employees are expected to support the mission and vision statements of St. Martin’s Episcopal School, and contribute to the overall life of the School.
The statements in this job posting are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
The position is a 12-month, Administrative position and follows the typical school calendar. The position will generally adhere to a regular schedule of Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm. Some evenings and weekends may be required. The position is a regular, full-time, exempt and benefits eligible role. Opportunity for hybrid/remote work.