Ridgeland, MS United States
We are looking for a dynamic professional to partner with alumni and alumni families in developing initiatives to strengthen a culture of philanthropy that inspires involvement and investment in the growth and strength of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and strengthen alumni relationships by cultivating new engagements and fostering existing relationships.
- Create meaningful avenues for alumni participation in the life of the school including the alumni board, alumni awards, Homecoming events, Christmas events, and on-campus activities. Promote student and alumni interactions including recruiting and overseeing the Student Alumni Leadership Team, managing the Guiding Saints Mentorship Program, and helping identify speakers for Career Day and other campus career-related events, all with the intent of promoting philanthropy and fellowship among these constituencies.
- Plan, organize, and implement receptions, reunions, special programs, and other alumni events both at the school and throughout the country.
- Function as a liaison between the alumni, Alumni Board of Directors, and the school.
- Develop and maintain current and ongoing communications and messaging to alumni about the school on the school’s website, e-newsletters, and social media.
- Research, profile, and record the stories of alumni in the database. Assist in entering and maintaining data for alumni donors and prospects in the Blackbaud database, Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge/NXT.
- Generate, research, and implement initiatives to strengthen alumni engagement and increase alumni giving through all fundraising efforts and collaborate to steward major alumni donors both locally and internationally
- Work with the director of annual giving to implement measurable and actionable goals to increase alumni giving to the annual fund and manage annual fund alumni solicitation initiatives (direct mail, electronic appeals, call weeks, giving days, affinity groups, peer-to-peer alumni giving program, etc.)
- Manage the alumni relations budget.
- Identify, select, and train alumni to assist the admission office network for prospective families and students.
- Assist the athletics department with the annual athletic hall of fame ceremony and other athletic alumni events and efforts.
- Develop and maintain connections to former faculty, administrators, and staff creating ways to keep them involved in school activities.
- Stay current on trends in alumni relations and take an active role in professional activities.
This job operates in a professional school environment. Physical demands include being able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, twelve-month position. Travel and some weekend and evening work will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years of development, alumni relations, or fundraising experience preferred.
- Ability to meet and maintain meaningful relationships with alumni, students, faculty, administrators, parents, and guests.
- Proven success at networking and relationship building.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects efficiently and effectively with autonomy.
- High degree of cultural competence and demonstrated commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Communication skills to maintain social media including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Web, blogs, and other is a plus.
- Familiarity in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and NXT platforms is helpful.
- Ability to write, proofread, and edit copy.
- Proficiency in Google Suite required.
Cassie Mendrop, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources