Dallas, TX United States
Purpose: The Director of Athletics is responsible for providing strategic leadership, guidance, and oversight for all athletic programs, grades K-12, staff, facilities and activities in compliance with all school, conference, and state rules and regulations. The Director is expected to shape and guide the vision of athletic programming at the school, ensure alignment with ESD’s Mission, Founding Tenets and Values and promote them within the greater community. Direct Reports: 1 – Associate Athletic Director, 1 – MS Athletic Coordinator, 1 – Sports Fellowship Coordinator, 1 – Coordinator of Athletic Operations, 3 – Full-Time Trainers, 1- Director of Sports Performance, 1-Assistant Director of Sports Performance 1- Part-Time Sport Performance Assistant, 19 – Full-Time Coaches and 60+ – Part-Time Coaches & 7 – PE Faculty, including PE Department Chair
Provide strategic administrative leadership, direction, and oversight for the athletic program, grades K–12.
- Supervise, manage, evaluate and mentor all Program Directors (varsity head coaches).
- Support the Program Directorsin managing and evaluating the full and part-time coaches in the programs.
- Supervise and evaluate all athletic department staff members in the execution of their duties.
- Ensure all staff are trained on athletic policies and procedures each season.
- Evaluate all full-time athletic department staff annually and all Program Directors each season.
- In coordination with Human Resources, recruit, select and mentor the highest
quality coaching and department staff.
- Provide oversight of event management, supporting the Associate Director as he/she:
- Ensures development and coordination of practice and game schedules for all teams is managed effectively and that a certified base of officials, scorekeepers and announcers is secured for each contest and paid in a timely manner.
- Arranges transportation and travel arrangements.
- Assist with supervision at home and certain away contests. Frequent night and weekend work is required.
- Develop and ensure continual review of all athletic policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Sports Information Coordinator, work closely with the communications department regarding press releases for the appropriate media as well as the school website.
- Develop a rapport with parents and students from the lower, middle, and upper school.
- Be a visible and engaged presence at athletic events and practices and participate in school life outside of athletics.
- Ensure all parental complaints or concerns are handled effectively through the appropriate channels and reported to administration in a timely manner.
- Serve as an active and collaborative member of the Booster Club Board and attend any related meetings.
- Participate in all Southwest Preparatory Conference (SPC) Athletic Directors’ meetings throughout the year. Seek out leadership opportunities in the SPC when available.
- Ensure that the mission of ESD athletics is upheld and implemented in all aspects of department functions.
- Serve on the Executive Leadership Team, participate actively in strategic and operational discussions, and communicate proactively with Division Heads and other program leaders.
- Provide a variety of sports for students of all abilities and to encourage students to discover their full potential emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
- Monitor the number of sports offerings, ensuring equality with the entire athletic program.
- Work closely with College Guidance and coaches on all aspects of the recruitment process for student-athletes with a desire to play collegiately.
- Promote a culture of character, integrity and positive sportsmanship in all constituents, including student-athletes, coaches, administration, parents and fans, ensuring application of ESD’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes with regard to equipment, facilities, and policies.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Ensure consistent enforcement of department and school policies and procedures.
- Effective management of athletic budget and financial controls.
- With support from the Administrative Assistant, accurately forecast annual budget for the department and ensure proper control of funds through the Business Office.
- Serve as a coach or classroom teacher; and academic advisor as needed at MS or US level.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Finney Search Group has been engaged to provide candidates to the School.
All interested individuals are encouraged to submit their resumes via https://www.thefinneysearchgroup.com/esd-ad-application.