Houston, TX United States
Position: Director of Development
Type: Exempt, Full-time 12 Month position
7:30 AM to 4:30 PM with some evening and weekend work
Reports to: Headmaster
St. Mark’s Director of Development is a crucial position for the students, families, and faculty at St. Mark’s Episcopal School. The Director of Development is the chief fundraising officer for the school, and provides leadership, planning, communication, and implementation to serve this goal.
– Plan and execute all facets of the Annual Fund. This includes all mailings, design, writing, responses, tracking, reporting, and facilitating Chairperson and Grade Level Representative relationships.
– Plan and execute all facets of Capital Campaigns, including managing a consultant, engaging donors in major gift solicitation, and facilitating Campaign Ambassadors.
– Support the Annual Gala and Auction.
– Identify and cultivate other sources of funding, including corporations, foundations, and individuals. Manage all aspects of grant requests, reporting deadlines and follow up.
– Manage donor cultivation, solicitation, prospect research, and stewardship including proper and timely acknowledgment of gifts.
– Manage records and Raiser’s Edge donor databases including producing reports.
– Demonstrate excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
– Other duties as assigned.
Advancement and Communications:
– Play an active role on the Advancement team.
– Collaborate with the Communication and Marketing Director on special projects and act as a communication officer of the School.
– Produce needed information for an Annual Report including donor listings and project highlights.
– Work directly with the Director of Advancement in communication and relationship management in the interest of advancing the School and its mission.
– Receive guests and visitors as well as faculty, staff, and administration in a friendly, courteous manner, and be sensitive to how her/his demeanor is reflective of the School.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
– Work in a sometimes highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
– Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
– Physical agility to lift up to 40 pounds; to bend, stoop, and reach overhead.
– Work primarily in a traditional office environment, however some work outside in summer and winter climates.
Please email Mayra Cantu at firstname.lastname@example.org