Brookehaven, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School is seeking a culturally competent and responsive candidate to serve as a Director of Enrollment Management.
The Director is a senior administrator serving on the Administrative Leadership Team, working with the Head of School, Heads of the 3 divisions (Early Childhood, Lower, and Middle Schools), faculty/staff, students, parents, alumni and trustees. The Director exercises strategic thinking, leadership, creativity, marketing and administrative skills to develop and implement, in collaboration with other key administrators, a strategic enrollment plan for the School with the goal of maintaining capacity enrollment of qualified students.
The Director manages the admission office and oversees enrollment of all 3 divisions with a particular emphasis on overseeing the day to day operation of the admission office, which includes the attraction, evaluation, selection and enrollment of new students and families and administering approximately $1.0 million in financial aid.
The Director of Enrollment Management is responsible for creating a vision for the Admission Office by attracting students with a strong academic background, who can contribute meaningfully to the greater life of the School through athletics, the arts, and service. The Director of Enrollment Management currently manages the Associate Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid, Director of High School placement and Admission Associate for the infant program. The overall goal for the Director is to build on the office’s strengths, provide initiative and leadership, and implement strategic vision.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Lead the process of attracting and enrolling students
- Meet with the Board of Trustees to report on application, enrollment and financial aid trends and statistics – serve on Board committees as needed.
- Establish annual admission goals aligned with the School’s mission and goals to promote economic, religious, racial, and ethnic student diversity
- Manage enrollment/retention with Division Principals and School Head
- Understand and inform staff and community about research and trends in admission, and ensure changes and challenges are understood, anticipated, and addressed
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to manage the school marketing and to continue to develop brand and message through media and materials
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans and formulate an annual Admission and Enrollment Action Plan with goals and objectives
- Maintain and present statistical and trend data related to admission and enrollment
- Organize and oversee the financial aid program and the Financial Aid Committee
- Oversee all campus attraction programs including interviews, open houses, receptions, and speaker events
- Chair the application review process for all divisions
- Direct annual attraction plan by assigning outreach responsibilities
- Oversee volunteer network of parents, alumni, faculty, coaches, directors, students and administrators
- Assist the Head of School with other duties as assigned
Qualities, skills, and experience the school seeks include:
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred)
- Five years of demonstrated admissions and financial aid experience
- Experience with publications and media relations or related experience
- Able to lead and to operate as a collaborative team member in an educational environment
- Strong interpersonal skills – healthy sense of humor and graciousness, being cooperative, congenial, and service-oriented and able to manage people courteously and effectively
- Proficient with the following platforms: Google Suite, Blackbaud, and Ravenna
- Able to organize and manage admission office to accomplish program goals
- Strong public speaking skills as well as skill in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision, and work in an environment subject to interruptions
- Commitment to the values of Episcopal schools and a positive regard for young people.
This position is mostly performed in an inside office environment. The position could also be mobile across the campus during school tours (etc.)
In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
The position is a 12-month Administrative position and will follow the typical school calendar. The position will adhere to a regular schedule of Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm.