Ridgeland, MS United States
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School seeks a Director of Learning Services o oversee a comprehensive learning services program to support students with different learning needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to all learning services including learning centers, academic coaching, tutoring services, and writing and math labs.
- Serve as the chief articulator of the school’s learning services program and philosophy to ensure that all constituencies are fully informed consistent with their individual roles.
- Maintain the learning services pages on the school’s website in conjunction with the communications staff.
- Create regular opportunities for families both collectively and individually to learn about learning services available from the school.
- Work with division heads to ensure that the services provided and philosophy of learning services consistently supports the school’s educational vision.
- Work with Admission to ensure prospective students’ needs can be appropriately met by existing model.
- Lead learning facilitators, reading specialist, academic coaches, tutors, and writing and math lab fellows in matters of development and implementation of learning services.
- Maintain a dynamic web of communication among students with learning differences, parents/guardians, learning center faculty, academic coaches, tutors, and writing and math lab fellows.
- Maintain coherence and continuity of learning services across divisions.
- Respond to issues relevant to the learning needs of students in partnership with school administrators, counselors, and chaplains.
- Evaluate continually and recommend changes to all aspects of learning services in order to support students and faculty in their efforts to advance students with different learning needs.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and provide strategic direction for all learning center staff.
- Provide resources, professional development, and consultation for faculty regarding learning differences.
- Identify and maintain a list of in-school and community resources for identified students.
- Ensure academic coaches, tutors, and therapists not employed by the school but working with our students on campus have a background screening and are trained and informed of relevant school policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage the learning services budget and consider alternative business models for learning support.
- Serve on the school’s Senior Leadership Team and appropriate committees.
- Take an active role in professional activities and attend relevant professional meetings and conferences.
- Stay abreast of the latest advances in specialized instruction.
This job operates in a professional school environment.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position. As with any independent school, faculty should be ready to chaperone class trips, perform typical day-to-day duties such as lunch and carpool duties, and engage fully in all school events that develop the student.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of related experience with a proven track record of instructional leadership in differentiated learning.
- Orton-Gillingham certification preferred.
- Responsive classroom training and experience preferred.
- Knowledge of child development, learning disabilities, psycho-educational tests, reports, and assistive technology.
- Knowledge of administering and interpreting assessments and test results, academic achievement, and diagnostic testing.
- Full understanding of differentiated instructional strategies across the curriculum.
- Represent the school in the larger community in a positive manner that reflects that values of the school.
- Ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with students, faculty, administrators, and parents/guardians.
- High degree of cultural competency and demonstrated commitment to working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Professional written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite required.
To apply, visit gosaints.org/jobs.