Nashville, TN United States
Episcopal School of Nashville is seeking an Early Childhood Assistant for the 2020-2021 academic school year. Located on the grounds of St. Ann’s Episcopal Church in East Nashville, the school opened its doors in the summer of 2016. Episcopal School of Nashville is a diverse urban independent school, and is dedicated to nurturing the joy of learning and the spirit of discovery in each of its students. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. Episcopal School continually strives for an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
The assistant teacher will work in the classroom with the lead teacher. Candidate should have a commitment to student-centered learning and a solid understanding of pedagogical approaches aimed at deep and differentiated learning. They need an ability to work collaboratively with a positive spirit and sense of humor, as well as a growth mindset as demonstrated by a willingness to take feedback, be reflective, and adapt as needed. Excellent communication and organizational skills and a strong understanding of child development (academically, socially, and emotionally) are a necessity. Passion for working with the young child and enthusiasm for relationship building with students, colleagues, and parents are a must. They need a commitment to support and be a part of building a diverse community. Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Education and prior teaching experience preferred.
- Understands and supports Episcopal School of Nashville’s mission, values, and culture
- Is knowledgeable about and sensitive to the needs of young learners
- Is a colleague of the teachers and other ESN faculty
- Works in the classroom with the teacher
- Supports the plans of the teachers
- Assists in the preparation of materials for the classroom
- Assists teacher with individual or small group instruction and supervision of centers
- Assists teacher with classroom discipline following the lead of the teacher
- Shows initiative, including but not limited to, room appearance, bulletin boards, grade level programs
- Escorts the students to and from enrichment classes
- Assists in the supervision of the playground
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to our Episcopal School of Nashville hiring team through email@example.com.
Episcopal School of Nashville
413 Woodland Street