Houston, Tx United States
St. Mark’s Episcopal School in Houston, Texas is seeking energetic and creative team players to serve as an Early Childhood Caregiver in our After School Program. We are looking for dynamic, forward-thinking, and student-centered people who enjoy children and enjoy working with children. After School Staff positions are part-time and non-exempt.
- Supervising students during age-appropriate activities.
- Distribute and oversee afternoon snack time.
- Supervise recess time and assure safety guidelines are observed.
- Follow Texas Childcare licensing guidelines for toileting.
- Assist with dismissal and parent pick-up.
- Must be able to pass Texas Child Care licensing background screen.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Available 2:30 – 6:15 p.m. Monday through Friday during the school year.
- Childcare and/or teaching experience with children ages 12 to 35 months is strongly preferred.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds; to bend, stoop, and reach overhead.
- Ability to work outside in inclement and hot weather.
About St. Mark’s Episcopal School
The community of St. Mark’s Episcopal School celebrates the uniqueness of each child. We are stewards of our students’ intellectual curiosity, faith, and passion for discovery. We cultivate joy, playfulness, and growth in a child-centered environment. Located in the West University Place neighborhood of Houston, St. Mark’s serves 450 students from two-year-olds through 8th grade. St. Mark’s is an engaging community of learners where the school partners with its families in preparing each student for the path that lies ahead through a stimulating, whole-child school experience. Through offerings in athletics, performing and visual arts, technology, Spanish and a robust curriculum, St. Mark’s prepares its graduates for the many high school options Houston offers, and successfully places its students in high schools which best fit each.
St. Mark’s is an Episcopal school, and as part of the St. Mark’s Episcopal Church parish, is known as a community environment and second home to over 350 families. The school is committed to its positive relationship with families, believing strongly in the power of a fully engaged dynamic between school and home. As a place where children are known, teachers understand what it means to meet children where they are, which plays a crucial role in fostering each child’s spirit.