New Orleans, LA United States
Les Enfants at Trinity is seeking experienced, enthusiastic Early Childhood educators for the 2023-2024 school year to foster young children in a creative learning environment that engages students in the early childhood-level appropriate concepts. The ideal candidate will have successful experience working with early childhood aged children and their families. They should be adaptable, collaborative, proactive, personable and warm.
Our approach to early childhood education is based upon our belief that play is the gateway to learning -the way they gain knowledge about themselves, others, and their world. Our program is designed to carefully nurture the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of our youngest students through a variety of activities and integrated experiences based on themes and projects. We seek a teacher who will bring creativity, joy, and energy to the world of early childhood teaching.
- Support the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of our youngest students
- Design and implement a classroom environment that honors play as the way our youngest children learn about themselves, others, and their world
- Participate in team meetings to collaborate with grade level teachers and specialists around a theme-based curriculum
- Collect anecdotes in preparing for conferences and in the writing of progress reports; provide weekly classroom news postings
- Participate in recess and lunch oversight with the grade-level team
- Engage in professional development opportunities to support continued growth in teaching and learning
- Bring creativity, joy, energy, and most importantly, positivity to the classroom
- Maintains a positive attitude within our program and with co-workers
- Participates and engages in a faculty feedback and goal-setting program that focuses on individual professional growth
- Knowledge of licensing guidelines and appropriate practices
- Engages in play with children to help extend learning opportunities
- Assists in individual child restroom needs
The review of candidates will begin immediately with an expected start date in August 2023.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Experience with a play-based curriculum approach is encouraged
- Teaching experience is preferred
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position including your background and experience
- Current resume