Brookhaven, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School seeks culturally competent and responsive candidate(s) to serve as Lead Teacher(s) in our Early Childhood Division. The position(s) are full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible and report to the Early Childhood Principal. The normal hours vary by position and pay is commensurate with experience.
Open Early Childhood Positions:
- Beginners: M-F 7:30am – 1:45pm
- Pre-Kindergarten: M-F 7:30am – 1:45pm
- Kindergarten: M-F 7:30am – 3:15pm
The Lead Teacher is responsible for creating a classroom environment favorable to the learning and personal growth of every student; establishing effective rapport with students; motivating students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for becoming a responsible citizen in accordance with each student’s ability; and establishing good relationships with parents and with other staff members. We seek curious and creative candidates who are committed to multidisciplinary instruction, encouraging students’ creative expression and developing critical thinking skills. The ideal candidate is proactive and thrives in highly collaborative environments. The Lead Teacher must also welcome regular feedback, commit to professional development and contribute to the overall life of the school.
The Lead Teacher has the primary responsibility for all classroom activities, as well as the management, organization, and discipline of the classroom. Under the direction of the Early Childhood Principal, the Lead Teacher provides duties including but not limited to:
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional and philosophical standards.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences to effectively and actively engage students.
- Demonstrates proficiency with technology and a willingness to integrate modern technology, media and other tools into classroom instruction.
- Seeks regular field experience opportunities for students that extend the classroom into the broader community.
- Works collaboratively with the teaching team on behalf of students, and seeks the ideas, feedback or advice of colleagues as an integral part of effective planning.
- Establishes and maintains awareness of student behavior through relationship, positive reinforcement and support.
- Evaluates and documents academic and social growth of students, and keeps required records.
- Attends chapel services and includes a daily devotion as a part of classroom instruction.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences that are appropriate to the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Communicates regularly and thoroughly with parents by conducting parent conferences, updating the class web page, planning and attending special events, holding meetings, and through emails and telephone calls.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents and community members.
- Attends all grade level, departmental and required School meetings, including Open House, Admissions Testing Days, STEAM Saturday, as well as plans and attends Back to School Night.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and plans for improvement through participation in curricular committees.
- Meets professional obligations by meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and participating in the professional life of the School.
- Demonstrates interest and initiative in professional improvement through active participation in Professional Development opportunities.
- Assists the Principal in developing long-range plans, School philosophy, and goals.
- Adheres to all School policies, including safety and emergency procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of classroom experience in an Early Childhood environment is strongly preferred.
Founded in 1959, St. Martin’s Episcopal School is a coeducational day school in Atlanta, Georgia, serving approximately 640 students from infants through eighth grade. St. Martin’s is dedicated to providing a quality education of the whole person in a loving, Christian atmosphere which fosters lifelong learning. For more information about the School, please visit our website at www.stmartinschool.org.
St. Martin’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, applicants are considered only on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the expressed disability of an otherwise qualified candidate.