Brookhaven, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School seeks culturally competent and responsive candidate(s) to serve as Teaching Assistant(s) in our Early Childhood Division. The position(s) are full-time, non-exempt, benefits-eligible and report to the Early Childhood Principal. The normal hours vary by position, pay is commensurate with experience.
Employee could be assigned to one of the following areas:
- Toddlers: M-F 7:30am – 1:45pm
- Beginners: M-F 7:30am – 1:45pm
- Pre-Kindergarten: M-F 7:30am – 1:45pm
- Kindergarten: M-F 7:30am – 3:15pm
The Teaching Assistant (TA) supports the Lead Teacher with work and activities inside and outside of the classroom. The TA is primarily responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in any way that is helpful or directed by the Lead Teacher. The TA is expected to maintain strict confidentiality regarding students, parents, staff, and school matters. A Teaching Assistant must also welcome regular feedback, commit to professional development and contribute to the overall life of the school.
In support of the Lead Teacher, the Teaching Assistant provides duties including but not limited to:
- Meets with the Lead Teacher prior to the start of the school year and each school day to discuss classroom assignments and responsibilities.
- Sets up for the day’s activities.
- Leads class when teacher is absent and/or involved in collaborative planning or meetings.
- Performs administrative and class-related duties to support the classroom, including but not limited to: making copies and grading papers, creating bulletin boards, and other duties as determined by the Lead Teacher.
- Performs occasional duties, as requested by the Division Principal which may include, but is not limited to, carpool duties, lunch duty and recess duties.
- Escorts and/or accompanies students throughout various areas of the school as assigned.
- Attends all grade level, departmental and required School meetings, including Open House, Admissions Testing Days, STEAM Saturday, as well as organizes and attends Parent Night.
- Works with students in whole groups, small groups or individually during classroom learning experiences, as directed by the Lead Teacher.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Preschool CDA credential and/or Associates degree preferred.
- Classroom experience in an Early Childhood environment is strongly preferred.
- Professional development and training opportunities available.
Founded in 1959, St. Martin’s Episcopal School is a coeducational day school in Atlanta, Georgia, serving approximately 640 students from infants through eighth grade. St. Martin’s is dedicated to providing a quality education of the whole person in a loving, Christian atmosphere which fosters lifelong learning. For more information about the School, please visit our website at www.stmartinschool.org.
St. Martin’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, applicants are considered only on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the expressed disability of an otherwise qualified candidate.