Coronado, CA United States
The music teacher will engage students to reason, create, serve and lead in a nurturing, inclusive Episcopal learning community. The teacher will be responsible for supporting students in a quality learning environment which meets the developmental and individual needs of students and encourages their full potential. To develop that potential, we believe students should become lifelong learners and should acquire a strong foundation of Christian ethics. The teacher will possess or demonstrate the following: a growth-mindset, emotional intelligence, self-motivation, positive energy, strong interpersonal skills, a service-oriented and team approach to work, approachability, adaptability, vulnerability, openness to new and divergent ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in an educational setting where children and adults are present.
- Embody and support the Christ Church Day School mission, vision and core virtues consistently in actions and words, with all community members.
- Establish and maintain a student-centered learning environment that is nurturing, inclusive, safe and organized.
- Teach music classes to Junior Kindergarten through Grade 6 classes 2 times per week that include choral and instrumental experiences along with music theory and history.
- Develop, document and deliver lesson plans that are grounded in current best practices and provide an enriched and developmentally appropriate academic experience for students.
- Differentiate and adapt instructional practices to meet the needs of a wide variety of individual learners.
- Collaborate and communicate with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues in positive and productive ways.
- Attend and actively participate in faculty and staff meetings to discuss curricular and co-curricular offerings, student learning needs, and other community events and topics.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning through participation in professional growth opportunities provided by school and/or self-selected.
- Lead hymns during weekly chapel services and lead other singing experiences at community gatherings to include weekly community flag pole gatherings.
- Plan and lead a school-wide Christmas Concert and Spring Sing.
- Provide after school enrichment through Choir and private music lessons as requested and available.
- Write and share a summary of student learning and activities for each trimester that is included in the Specialist Spotlight for each grade level.
- Prepare and record report card grades every trimester for all students.
- Assist with student support plans when needed to address concerns and challenges.
- Supervise students during lunch and recess as needed.
- Maintain accurate time card records for daily work hours.
- Support and attend school activities including Back to School Picnic and Parent Night, Conference Days, Day School Sunday, and other events as scheduled.
- Review and participate in safety drills and have emergency plans and bag ready.
- Complete all aspects of the faculty growth and evaluation process as outlined in the CCDS Faculty and Staff Handbook.
- Attend team retreat prior to the start of the school year.
- Review and align with all operating policies and procedures in the Christ Church Employee Handbook and CCDS Faculty and Staff Handbook.
- Support strategic planning goals identified in the WASC Action Plan as requested by the Head of School.
- Perform other duties of an adjunct nature, which are necessary to smooth operation of the school as needed.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Head of School, Payton Hobbs: firstname.lastname@example.org