Brookhaven, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School seeks culturally competent and responsive candidate(s) to serve as Lead Teacher(s) in our Elementary School Division. The position(s) are full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible and report to the Elementary School Principal. The normal hours are M-F 7:30am – 4:00pm, pay is commensurate with experience.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for creating a classroom environment favorable to the learning and personal growth of every student; establishing effective rapport with students; motivating students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for becoming a responsible citizen in accordance with each student’s ability; and establishing good relationships with parents and with other staff members. We seek curious and creative candidates who are committed to multidisciplinary instruction, encouraging students’ creative expression and developing critical thinking skills. The ideal candidate is proactive and thrives in highly collaborative environments. The Lead Teacher must also welcome regular feedback, commit to professional development and contribute to the overall life of the school.
The Lead Teacher has the primary responsibility for all classroom activities, as well as the management, organization, and discipline of the classroom. Under the direction of the Elementary School Principal, the Lead Teacher provides duties including but not limited to:
- Create developmentally appropriate lesson plans that provide differentiated instruction and actively engages Elementary students
- Works collaboratively with the teaching team on behalf of students, and seeks the ideas, feedback or advice of colleagues as an integral part of effective planning.
- Establishes and maintains awareness of student behavior through relationship, positive reinforcement and support.
- Demonstrates proficiency with technology and a willingness to integrate technology into classroom instruction.
- Fosters a positive parent-school partnership with families.
- Communicate student progress to families through report cards, parent-teacher conferences, and other meetings as needed.
- Evaluates and documents academic and social growth of students, and keeps required records
- Seeks regular field experience opportunities for students that extend the classroom into the broader community.
- Attends all grade level, departmental and required School meetings
- Attends chapel services and include a daily devotion as a part of classroom instruction.
- Assists the Principal in developing long-range plans, School philosophy, and goals.
- Adheres to all School policies, including safety and emergency procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of classroom experience is strongly preferred.
- Flexible teaching background and interest in coaching and/or advising clubs is a plus.
- Ability to plan and work in collaborative environments is essential.
Founded in 1959, St. Martin’s Episcopal School is a coeducational day school in Atlanta, Georgia, serving approximately 640 students from infants through eighth grade. St. Martin’s is dedicated to providing a quality education of the whole person in a loving, Christian atmosphere which fosters lifelong learning. For more information about the School, please visit our website at www.stmartinschool.org.
St. Martin’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, applicants are considered only on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the expressed disability of an otherwise qualified candidate.
Apply at https://www.stmartinschool.org/about/employment.