Brookhaven, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School seeks culturally competent and responsive candidate(s) to serve as Teaching Assistant(s) in our Elementary School Division. The position(s) are full-time, non-exempt, benefits-eligible and report to the Elementary School. The normal hours are M-F 7:30am – 4:00pm, pay is commensurate with experience.
Elementary Assistant Teachers serve as members of the faculty under the direction of the Elementary School Principal. This role provides support in classrooms by working with students individually or in small groups, performing administrative duties, and supervising students.
In support of the Lead Teacher, the Teaching Assistant provides duties including but not limited to:
- Works with students in whole groups, small groups or individually during classroom learning experiences, as directed by the Lead Teacher.
- Assists students with time management and organizational skills, as directed by the Lead Teacher.
- Perform administrative/class related duties to support the classroom, including but not limited to: making copies and grading papers, creating bulletin boards, and other duties as determined by the Lead Teacher.
- Assumes lead teacher responsibilities when the lead teacher is absent and/or involved in collaborative planning or meetings.
- Perform duties, as requested by the Division Principal which may include, but not limited to, lunch and recess duties.
- Escorts and/or accompanies students to/from co-curricular classes.
- Escorts and/or accompanies students to the clinic for medical attention.
- Chaperone School field trips.
- Attends all grade-level, departmental and required School meetings
- Attends chapel services.
- Is an active member of the faculty by participating on School committees.
- Adheres to all School policies, including safety and emergency procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Preschool CDA credential and/or Associates degree preferred.
- Classroom experience in an Early Childhood environment is strongly preferred.
- Professional development and training opportunities available.
Founded in 1959, St. Martin’s Episcopal School is a coeducational day school in Atlanta, Georgia, serving approximately 640 students from infants through eighth grade. St. Martin’s is dedicated to providing a quality education of the whole person in a loving, Christian atmosphere which fosters lifelong learning. For more information about the School, please visit our website at www.stmartinschool.org.
St. Martin’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, applicants are considered only on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the expressed disability of an otherwise qualified candidate.