Brownsville, Texas United States
The Episcopal Day School in Brownsville, Texas is seeking a creative, compassionate, highly motivated science teacher to join our dynamic elementary school program.
ABOUT THE EPISCOPAL DAY SCHOOL
The Episcopal Day School is committed to nurturing and challenging the intellectual curiosity and creativity of our students through a curriculum that reflects the skills necessary to succeed in the 21st century. We are leaders in technology and innovation. We are more than a school: we are family! We believe that small class sizes enable our teachers to better focus on creating a caring classroom atmosphere that helps children discover their own unique gifts.
4th through 6th grade Science is a part of our state of the art Patrick Rodriguez Center for Innovation. The center includes computer science, engineering design and maker space. Our nature trail along the Resaca provides opportunities for 3K through 6th grade to learn about unique habitats of the Rio Grande Valley.
The Episcopal Day School Science Teacher
- Valid and appropriate teacher certification and endorsements.
- Strong grasp of best practices in teaching Science in 4th through 6th
- Knowledge of and demonstrated competency in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to integrate technology with the curriculum.
- Demonstrate ability to differentiate instruction, and use a variety of instructional strategies and methods appropriate for student learning needs.
- Demonstrate ability to manage student behavior in developmentally-appropriate manner
- Demonstrate desire and ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse community of students, parents, and professional colleagues.
- Desire and willingness to continue to learn and pursue professional development.
Brian Clyne- Head of School