Boynton Beach, FL United States
Reporting to the Lower School Division Head/Associate Head of School, St. Joe’s is looking for a dynamic educator to serve in our Elementary School (Grades One through Four). The ideal candidate keeps students at the center, implementing best practices to help students reach their full potential. Our teachers partner with parents, collaborate with faculty/staff members, and demonstrate a commitment to professional growth.
• Provides developmentally appropriate instruction and assessment in Language Arts (Reading, English/Grammar, and Writing), Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
• Differentiates instruction to meet individual needs of all students.
• Integrates authentic, age-appropriate technology into curriculum.
• Communicates regularly with parents in an honest and respectful manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understanding of foundational skills in Language Arts and Mathematics.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong school-to-home partnerships.
• Professional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, writing, time management, and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in educational technology.
• Desire to collaborate with faculty/staff members.
• Enthusiasm for engaging fully in the life of the school, beyond classroom responsibilities.
• Demonstrated professionalism: ability to meet deadlines, lead initiatives, be proactive, and communicate with all constituencies of the school community.
Education and Experience
• Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education.
• Strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office, SMART software, Google G-Suite, and Zoom, as well as the ability to integrate technology in the classroom.
• Familiarity with independent school culture and comfort with a faith-based school.