Palm Beach Gardens, FL United States
St. Mark’s Episcopal School is conducting a search for dynamic elementary teachers for the 2023-2024 school year. We are looking for applicants that keep students at the center and have proven success implementing best practices to help all students reach their potential. Ideal candidates thrive in mentoring children, partnering with parents, and will uphold the mission of the school with pride.
St. Mark’s, established in 1979, is a coeducational parish day school, now serving approximately 475 students from age two through Grade 8 in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. The foundation of St. Mark’s program is to provide students with balanced exposure to academics, arts, athletics, and spiritual life.
Guided by the theory and practice of Conscious Discipline, our teachers focus on the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of each child to create a nurturing and stimulating learning environment. The Lower School academic program fosters independent and collaborative learning in a flexible, self-contained homeroom.
Qualified candidates should have the following competencies:
- a desire to implement an engaging curriculum that will meet the developmental and diverse needs of students
- an ability to establish and maintain strong home-to-school partnerships
- professional and polished interpersonal skills to build strong relationships
- excellent communication skills, oral and written
- proficiency in educational technology
- providing developmentally appropriate instruction and assessment in math, literacy, and social studies
- differentiating instruction to meet the individual needs of all students
- integrating authentic, age-appropriate technology into curriculum
- communicating sensitively, regularly, and honestly with parents
- teaching an intentional social and emotional learning curriculum
- a Bachelor’s degree in Education or Elementary Education; Master’s preferred
- Florida Department of Education certificate in Elementary Education, temporary or professional required
- previous Lower School teaching experience preferred
- familiarity with independent school culture and comfort with a faith-based school.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Dr. Fernandez, Head of Lower School at email@example.com. For more information on St. Mark’s Episcopal School, visit our website at stmarkspbg.org.