Brookhaven, GA United States
St. Martin’s Episcopal School has an opening for an Elementary School Academic Dean & School STEAM Coordinator. We seek candidates who support our mission and are culturally competent and responsive. We are welcoming of all applicants regardless of race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other protected characteristic.
The Elementary School Academic Dean & STEAM Coordinator will be integral in strengthening alignment across the school as it relates to curriculum, instruction, and learning. Reporting to the Elementary School Principal, this individual will work collaboratively with the Elementary Principal and department chairs to provide guidance and direction of the school’s curriculum, helping to advance the mission and vision of the School.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Review and evaluate the instructional programs across the Elementary School.
- Establish procedures for evaluation and selection of instructional materials.
- Work with the Principal to oversee curriculum development, coordination and review, and ensure that the curriculum reflects the mission of the school.
- Identify and provide a variety of resources to enhance classroom instruction and assessment.
- Establish an annual schedule for instructional programs, ensuring sequential learning experiences consistent with the school’s mission statement and instructional goals.
- Assist department chairs in the development and refinement of departmental strategic plans, ensuring best practices in teaching and promoting student growth.
- Engage in continuous learning on new research and instructional practices.
- Keep the faculty informed of curriculum changes and seek ideas for the improvement of the school.
- Serve as a liaison to parents regarding curriculum programming.
- Assist parents with academic concerns and questions in regard to curriculum content.
- Nurture both students and faculty to achieve their greatest potential.
- Advocate for faculty and provide encouragement and guidance in accomplishing their professional goals.
- Work with the Principal and professional development committee to develop in-service training and professional development opportunities for teaching faculty that are aligned with the school’s strategic plan.
- Collaborate with the Principal in supporting the training and onboarding of new teachers in the areas of instructional and classroom technology and curriculum.
- Oversee the STEAM program at St. Martin’s across all divisions under the guidance of the division principals.
- Support and train classroom teachers around usage of technology and STEAM projects.
- Coordinate the accreditation renewal process for the school.
- Commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
- Ability to work with individuals with a wide range of experience and diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to use sound judgement.
- Committed to designing and adapting instruction to meet a range of student learning needs and interests.
- Committed to multidisciplinary instruction, encouraging students’ creative expression, incorporating student interest and passions, and developing critical thinking.
- Curious, creative, self-reflective, and willing to take initiative and run with new ideas.
- Self-directed and creative personality.
- Positive demeanor and team player.
Master’s degree required. Advanced degree in Education is preferred.
5 or more years of administrative experience in a school. In-depth understanding of curriculum design, instructional strategies, and assessment methods.
This job is performed inside; the noise level can be soft to loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, walk, talk, read, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to type, finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties, essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job. There will be other duties required as asked by the Head of School.
All employees are expected to support the mission and vision statements of St. Martin’s Episcopal School, and to contribute to the overall life of the school.
This is a 12-month, full-time position. Additional time beyond a normal work day or week may be required for evening and some weekend meetings and gatherings.
About St. Martin’s Episcopal School
St. Martin’s Episcopal School, founded in 1959, is a coeducational day school serving students from Infants through 8th grade.
The School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, applicants are considered only on the basis of merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, gender, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, or any other protected characteristic.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com.