Miami, FL United States
The Episcopal Church in Southeast Florida seeks a highly energetic and self-driven professional to provide executive administrative support to the Diocesan Bishop. The candidate should be a motivated individual with a history of high performance. This role requires superior attention to details, great organization skills, and the ability to work independently on assignments with sound judgment.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete complex tasks quickly with little to no guidance. It will be necessary to react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and compassion
- Maintain the Bishop’s calendar (to include scheduling appointments, parish visitations, ordinations, church building dedications, deanery meetings, and other committee meetings and events)
- Receive all incoming calls, voicemail, email, and mail for the bishop. When requested, respond on the bishop’s behalf
- Assist the Bishop in any other way as directed by him and deliver documents and other materials to the Bishop’s home office
- Handle routine correspondence, presentations and reports as requested by the Bishop
- Coordinate the Bishop’s travel needs both within and outside the diocese
- Coordinate social events for the Bishop in his capacity as Bishop
- Serve as point of contact to the Bishop for the clergy and laity of the Diocese
- Oversee clergy personnel files and coordinate with other staff members on clergy matters
- Prepare all certificates for Ordinations, for priests, and deacons
- Prepare annual License to Officiate letter for non-canonical clergy
- Prepare licenses for bishop’s signature
- Prepare/receive Letters of Dimissory to and from other Diocese
- Receive Marital Judgment request from the clergy and respond as the Bishop directs
- Support the work of the Standing Committee
- For ordinations, prepare certificates, sealed with the Bishop’s ring, purchase of Bible, Oath of Faith which is signed by ordinand at ordination
- Coordinate with other staff members and perform a broad range of administrative duties to support the Bishop, e.g. assisting with the Convention
- Maintain and produce the Bishop’s diary for the annual Journal
- Receive and facilitate submission to the UTO (United Thank Offering)applications
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written, including a competent and friendly telephone manner. Good command of English, including accurate spelling and punctuation.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Access database. PowerPoint knowledge a plus.
- Well organized, methodical, and able to prioritize work so it is accomplished in a timely manner
- Ability to multi task and manage a very busy desk, flexibility required, work duties are subject to interruptions
- Ability to maintain composure under stress, meet, and deal with people in crisis
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, provide good judgment and hands sensitive issues with discretion
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision at times
- Must be dependable, self-directed and self-motivated in performing tasks
- Enjoy working in team environment with other staff
- Good sense of humor
Five years of administrative and/or office management experience preferred.
Contact Ms. Shani Maxwell, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.