Lawrence, Massachusetts United States
We’re looking for an executive assistant to our Head of School, Jadi Taveras. Someone that will co-create an ideal environment for strategic, productive work! Jadi has led the development and implementation of restorative justice, integrated music therapy, a culturally responsive curriculum, and programmatic expansion at Esperanza Academy since he took the reins in 2018. He’s a visionary thinker with a big heart and an even bigger inbox. You’ll need to master systems and filter out distractions so Jadi can proactively focus on Esperanza’s future. This rewarding position provides all aspects of direct support to Jadi, in addition to some organizational support for Esperanza’s Board of Trustees and administrative support to the staff leadership team. We’re looking for an intuitive, skilled, and attentive team member. If you’re motivated by our mission and the challenge to make Jadi’s work more streamlined and focused, then we encourage you to learn more about the opportunity.
ABOUT ESPERANZA ACADEMY: We are an all-girls independent middle school with a 12-year commitment to our students because we believe that everyone deserves the right to high-quality independent school education. We, as an academic community, emphasize racial and cultural identity affirmation, love of community, and restorative justice. By creating a culture of achievement in which academic success and self-discovery are paramount, we protect and nurture the innate confidence and brilliance that each of our girls possesses.
Specific Employee Objectives:
● Draft agendas and meeting materials to support the work of the Head of School and Board of Trustees;
● Support the Head of School in meeting with his direct reports and follow-up on urgent and important matters;
● Develop, maintain and organize the Head of Schools’ calendar with a focus on identifying priorities and filtering out distractions
● Manage all travel and event-specific logistics for the Head of School
● Plan and support major events that require the Head of School’s involvement.
● Reconciles Head of School business expenses and manages reimbursements.
● Under the direction of the Head of School, the Assistant to the Head of School supports and partners with the Administrative Team, other offices, and the Board of Trustees to advance Esperanza School’s strategic priorities.
● An intuitive, attentive team member who can read between the lines and proactively jump in to grab tasks
● Lean on their strong interpersonal skills to manage working relationships in a manner that reflects a warm, inclusive, and trusting working environment
● Partner with the Head of School and Board Chair to coordinate Board of Trustees Meetings and relevant communications;
● Partner with the Board Governance & Nominating Committee and actively manage the membership of all Trustees;
● Manage Board Committee calendars and partner with Committee Chairs to support their work with their committee
● Be available to the Board Chair for whatever support they may need as it relates to the business of running the school
● Represents the Head of School’s office using excellent written and oral communication skills through various communications and letters, often involving initiative and discretion
● Produce clear and timely communications with the Board of Trustees, including partnering with the Head of School on stewardship work
● Help prioritize incoming communication and proactively manage a busy and complex calendar.
● Work in partnership with the Head of School to maintain a clear communication strategy with
parents and families.
● Manage pastoral communication with varying constituencies, including community partners,
board members, and friends of Esperanza.
● On occasion, attend meetings on behalf of the Head of School.
Requirements and Qualifications:
● Believes in the mission of Esperanza Academy and demonstrates a love for creating systems of equity through access to education.
● Ability to cultivate strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally
● In response to a fast-paced environment, the needs of a growing school, and a capital campaign,
the position must be flexible with evening and weekend hours.
● Interested candidates must have strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills;
scheduling experience (Google calendar); have outstanding organization and management skills; an understanding of how to manage travel logistics; demonstrate the ability to support and work in partnership with a high-energy leader(s) in a fast-paced work environment; demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and to work independently with little supervision.
● A welcoming and personable demeanor
● Fluent in Spanish (preferred)
● Experience supporting a team
● Flexible, nimble thinker; strong ability to look ahead and plan effectively, deftly anticipating and
● Five or more years of experience as a successful executive assistant or office manager is
preferred. Proficient in Google suite and Zoom/video meeting software
COMPENSATION: Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Esperanza Academy offers an attractive benefits package including 403(b), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, and a comprehensive professional development program.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, a resume, and contact information for three professional references to Jadihel Taveras at Jadi@esperanzaacademy.org