New York, NY United States
The National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES) seeks an Executive Director who can lead a growing and outstanding organization and to challenge the organization to even greater heights and movement forward. The NAES Governing Board envisions the new Executive Director being appointed in November 2020, and beginning a year of transition starting July 1, 2021, working closely with the current Executive Director, the Reverend Daniel R. Heischman, D.D., during the 2021-22 year.
Essential qualifications include:
- Strong experience in Episcopal schools, preferably experience in the Episcopal church;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Energy and gravitas;
- Willingness to travel to member schools;
- Ability to work with a lean and competent staff;
- Experience and ability to work with strong, diverse Governing Board;
- Skill to effectively organize and lead stakeholder conferences;
- Ability to serve the membership and to celebrate and to promote the value of Episcopal schools; and
- Strong fundraising experience and capabilities.
Please Read the Attached Position Description
Interested candidates may apply online at https://rg175.com/candidate/signup.
The application should include:
- Cover letter explaining interest in NAES;
- Full curriculum vitae/resume;
- A writing sample that may be a personal statement, an article for publication, a recent speech, sermon or submitted scholarly article – which can inform the Search Committee of expertise, interest, academic focus and/or leadership experience; and
- No fewer than three references.