Galveston, TX United States
Trinity Episcopal School in Galveston, Texas seeks a Grade 5 English Language Arts Reading/Science teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
Applicants must be knowledgeable in curriculum planning, implementing instruction, and executing effective classroom management strategies. This position also includes working closely with the grade-level co-teacher, administrators, and other colleagues to ensure that all students make academic and social progress in accordance with our school’s mission and core values.
Grade 5 ELAR/ Science Teacher: Must possess a strong background in English literature, grammar, and Science. Has excellent writing and oral communication skills and a passion for language and literature. Possesses a passion for scientific discovery and has proven success in connecting the content to students’ innate inquisitiveness and critical thinking skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement instructional plans, activities, and assessments that actively engage students in meaningful learning experience.
- Model, teach and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful.
- Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and the community.
- Provide students with timely feedback and keep parents or guardians informed of students’ academic and social/emotional progress.
- Maintain an accurate record of student attendance and grades.
- Participate in full faculty and divisional faculty meetings.
- Understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school.
- An eagerness to grow professionally.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Applied experience demonstrating core knowledge of the developmental characteristics and research-based practices for effective instruction.
- A genuine passion for supporting students reach success.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in an area of education, child education, or related field.
- Teaching experience with a minimum of three to five years’ experience is preferred.
- Previous experience at an independent school is a plus.
Trinity Episcopal School provides a competitive salary and benefits package and an inviting, professional, and collegial working environment. Please send a cover letter and resume to Marie Kidd, Head of School at email@example.com.