Richmond, VA United States
– Teaching fourth grade subjects in the core areas of English language arts, math, science, and social studies.
– Support students’ social-emotional development through collaborative guidance lessons and implementation of the Responsive Classroom framework.
– Communicating regularly, formally and informally, with families and colleagues about student growth and performance
– Supporting school-wide events before, during, and after the school day.
– Design rigorous, relevant and responsive lessons, based on formal and informal assessment data and grade-level essential learnings.
– Utilize Responsive Classroom and resilience-based frameworks to develop a respectful classroom community.
– Develop and maintain resources appropriate to the curriculum, the learners, and the instructional strategies of the school community.
– Collaborate with all SAS colleagues.
Minimum Education/ Prior Experience/ Qualifications required – Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record. – Extensive experience working with elementary grade children, preferably in primary grades. – Personal traits for nurturing the growth of children and working cooperatively with adults. – A passion and joy for working with young people; flexibility; patience and enthusiasm for learning. – Successful completion of criminal offender record information and sexual offender registry information checks is required. Physical Requirements – Going up and down stairs multiple times a day (basement through third floor). – Ability to supervise outdoor activities, such as recess etc. Generally Applicable School Competencies – Excellent communication skills with attention to detail. – Punctuality and dependability. – Ability to maintain accurate records. – Adherence to all personnel policies, procedures and rules contained in the School Employee Handbook. – Maintain productive relationships with other School staff, working closely with other Department Heads where applicable. Functional Competencies – Leadership/Integrity – Effectively communicates the School’s shared purpose; builds trust among colleagues; is accountable; lives up to commitments. – Mission Driven/Team player – Understands the big picture and manages position’s areas of responsibility in a manner consistent with the School’s agenda. – Interpersonal Skills – Relates to employees, faculty and other staff members in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best. – Productivity / Organizing/ Planning – Meets deadlines; demonstrates effective use of time; and handles multiple assignments simultaneously. – Willingness to Acknowledge areas for Growth – Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
Salary starting at $42,600.
Generous PTO, bereavement, and family leave, Health and dental insurance. Retirement. Long term disability insurance.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Fourth Grade Teacher in the subject line.