Christchurch, VA United States
Christchurch School is a co-ed Episcopal boarding and day school serving grades 9—12. Founded in 1921, Christchurch is located on a 125-acre waterfront campus on the Rappahannock River in Virginia. The school’s Mission is to inspire and guide each student’s unique journey to self-confidence, purpose, and identity within a caring, structured community, where they discover their infinite value and develop the skills to become compassionate, successful, and engaged global citizens.
Position Overview. Christchurch School seeks an experienced full-time nurse (LPN or RN). We are looking for people who foster an inclusive workplace built on equitable policies and procedures, and who are also able to engage a diverse team of co-workers and students. This position works with and reports to the Director of Health Services, and it works within the Health Services/Wellness team that ensures 24/7 coverage for boarding and day students. Additionally, this position works collectively in the assessment, evaluation, and maintenance to improve the health of the students and staff. It also works to promote holistic wellness while maximizing the prevention of illness, as well as early detection and treatment of illnesses and injuries.
Specific duties include:
- Administer basic healthcare and First Aid to students and staff
- Working in collaboration with the Mental Health Counselor and Community Life team to assess and evaluate the health of the students in order to identify illness/injury, physical/emotional disorders, and make appropriate referrals
- Administer medications as prescribed by a physician in accordance with state law, including scheduled daily prescription and over the counter medications
- Provide on-site medical care for both day and boarding students, as well as 24/7 coverage for boarders (on a rotating basis with other team members)
- Order and maintain medical supplies
- Maintain communication with parents, community, and practitioners for the purpose of promoting needed medical care
- Oversee and ensure all appropriate insurance forms are completed and filed in a timely manner
- Coordinate appointments for boarding students, as necessary
- Work and coordinate with the Community Life team for health-related transportation needs
- Gather appropriate medical information and maintain up-to-date health records, as necessary.
- Handle all information in a confidential manner
- Ensure the maintenance of all First Aid kits
- Promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle, including providing educational information and materials around health promotion, treatment of illnesses, and beneficial lifestyle choices
Requirements and Qualifications.
- RN or LPN currently licensed in the state of Virginia
- 3-5 years of experience in this field or a related field
- Ability to work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods
- Ability to be mobile around campus and buildings
- Ability to perform CPR
- Ability to respond promptly to emergency situations
- Fast-paced, small, boarding and day school
- Potential exposure to blood and body fluids
Equal Employment Opportunity: The School is an equal opportunity employer. The School provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and job applicants without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation, age, disability, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by applicable law. All aspects of personnel management – including hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits, training and working conditions – will be administered in accordance with this policy. Each employee is expected to do their part to maintain a working environment free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
Conditional Offers: An offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the applicant’s right to work in the United States, authorization for and completion of successful background checks as may be requested by the school or required by law.
Compensation & Benefits: Christchurch School offers a highly competitive compensation package for this full-time position with benefits to include excellent health plan options, retirement benefits, professional development, and networking opportunities.
Please submit an electronic resume and a letter of interest directly to Wesley M. Charlton, Associate Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.