Covington, VA United States
Founded in 1906 as an outreach of the Episcopal Church, Boys Home serves young men in need of a second chance at success.
Our Mission is to help each student strive toward becoming a responsible member of society by developing his potential – mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially. Our Vision is to be a community that inspires young men to positively impact those around them.
We, at Boys Home, are entrusted with the responsibility of shaping the character of each student. During these formative years, habits are established which will largely determine success or failure in later life. With that said, it is imperative that each staff member’s life be conducted so as to set a good Christian example.
We are seeking a well-adjusted, mature individual with kindness, patience, and understanding, capable of fostering a disciplined, nurturing environment whereby rules are firmly but fairly applied. Additionally, we are seeking someone fully devoted to carrying out the mission and vision with the utmost fidelity.
- Participates in the development of an Individualized Service Plan and works to ensure positive progress towards the ISP’s established goals;
- Participates as a member of the Service Team;
- Models and teaches proper personal care, independent living skills, and social skills;
- Models and teaches appropriate moral and ethical behavior;
- Provides guidance and informal counseling, as needed;
- Oversees the health and wellbeing of each student;
- Enforces rules and regulations and strives to create a positive, nurturing environment;
- Maintains discipline and sets broad but firm limits within the structure of the program;
- Meets with teachers, supervises study halls, and arranges tutoring lessons, as needed;
- Works closely with staff to see that the philosophy of BOYS HOME is always maintained in established policies and procedures;
- Attends, when possible, activities that a student may participate in (Scouts, Athletics, Choir, etc.);
- Performs written communication and documentation to include weekly journals, changeover reports, medical distribution notes, serious incident reports, etc.;
- Manages and administers prescription and nonprescription medications within established policies and procedures;
- Performs related tasks as required.
Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Human Services or a related field with considerable childcare experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position and the nature of human services work
Please visit our website for an application, or see the attached application. Please refer any questions to Becky Skidmore 540-965-7705 or email@example.com